“Sunset Beach”

Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I visited Sunset Resort from March 30th through April 2nd. This was my first visit to Jamaica. The employees at the resort were fantastic. Everyone was super nice and helpful. The buffet at the resort was delicious. We ate there everyday. The rooms were clean and had a great view. The bed was really comfortable. There was nothing special about the room. The grounds were also very well-kept. The only complaint I have is that the beach area is small; however, I would definitely come back to this resort again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen S
Write a ReviewReviews (6,690)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a late honeymoon. This was our first trip by ourselfs. We had a great time! We loved how it was only a 15 drive from the airport. After a long day of traveling already, it was nice not to have to drive an hour to get to the resort. We arrived at the resort and were greated right away with a rum punch! Since we arrived on a Sat. night they had all 3 el cart's doing a sample night for supper! There was always something going on to do! Our room was a standard room with a king size bed. Nothing fancy, but it did the trick. We liked that there was an adult only pool with the swim up bar. You can only smoke in 2 different sections of the resort, but that didnt bother us very much. It was kinda nice actually. The food was great! There was always lots to choose from. We didnt care much for the "Sunset Beach Grill" tho. It was good though if you needed something fast.
We went on the Bob Marley, Dunns River Falls combo tour. It was a great time. Make sure if you are going on this, that you keep an open mind! (bob marley) Also note that the road to get to the Bob Marley is a windy, bumpy road that lasts for about an hour. Well worth it tho! Make sure that you take lots of snacks with you as it is a long day. They do serve you lunch, but you might want more. We were also glad that we did Bob Marley first, then Dunns River. With it being such a long drive, it was nice to have the water at Dunns River to "wake you up"
We also went on the Luminous Lagoon tour. It was good. That drive was only about half hour. The water is only about 4 feet deep so you can feel the bottom which was very muddy and gooy. We wore water shoes. It was very cool to see the water light up as you swam though. Make note not to wear your most favourite bathing suite tho. Mine ended up being brown when we came out. It was washed out, but still.
There was always workers cleaning up the resort and making sure everything was clean. The people there was just SO friendly and willing to help with whatever you need.
There is also a great souvenier shop right at the resort which made it nice to bring stuff back with you. Also to grab some munchies, drinks, suntan lotion, etc, anything you might have forgot. It was open 8am-8pm.
We did pay the $30 for the week of Wi-fi. After i paid tho, my husband logged into the wifi without a password! I was kinda ticked that i paid $30 for it when it worked without the password. We were also told that it only worked in the lobby, but we were still able to get a light connection in our room as well. We were on the 2nd floor.
The waterpark was also great for anyone with kids! We would for sure go back to this resort. We met some great people and really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jody T
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I traveled with a group of friends and we all had a wonderful time. There were 10 of us in 5 rooms and there were no issues with any of the rooms. The staff was some of the friendliest that we have ever met! The only excursion any of us took was the shopping trip into town and that was also very nice. The staff was so accommodating. Several of us had spa treatments and the spa staff was top notch. We love to snorkel and the snorkeling was great! There was plenty of equipment to be loaned and it was so nice not to have to take an excursion to do some great snorkeling.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beth M
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I usually dont like many all inclusive hotels because they seem cold and impersonal. But not the Sunset!! Nardia (entertainment) was so nice and helpful. It was like I knew her forever, she had me go on two things I absolutely LOVED: the horseback riding with Bracko and the Spa! My Spa experience was fantastic Shalyn (probably spelled wrong) was a little lady with powerful hands. She gave me the best massage and body scrub. I left there feeling like jelly. Everyone was so nice and looked you in the eye when they spoke to you whenever you passed one. I will go back there hands down!! I recommend it HIGHLY!!

Room Tip: I had a balcony room and was glad I wasnt to far up.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kaysprintstop
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my second stay at Sunset Beach and it was even better the second time around. The first time i was overwhelmed with so much to do and so little time, This time I relaxed and took it all in. It was great seeing some of the staff I had met before, it was like reuinitng with old friends, this made my stay so much better and relaxing. The return guest Coktail and Dinner was elegant.the food and service was great, I felt like a VIP. The Spa service was also great and good price.
Overall the food at sunset is good, the staff is great, the rooms are big and clean. my The view from my room was phenominal, watching the sunset in the evenings was awesome and breathtaking. I will definately return to Sunset Beach resort when I visit Montego Bay. I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kaye96
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had a great time at this resort. If you are looking for a super luxurious place, this is not it, but it is really clean, well organized and laid out, super friendly and helpful staff, beautiful beach, good room, great buffet and lots of entertainment and things to do...wonderful place for kids, the waterpark and lazy river and kids club are especially attractive to the younger guests...the only thing we didn't like where the noisy hallways on the hotel floors, but earplugs tune out most of the noise, if you are noise sensitive. Definitely would go back again. H.P. in Calgary

Room Tip: Ask for one that's on the higher floors, the lower ones seem to be looking onto roofs or into th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank HappyinCalgary
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our first trip to an all inclusive resort. We stayed from March 24-31 2014. It was amazing how quickly we were in relax mode. We never left the resort but there were many excursions offered. Didn't even have to leave to get souvenirs. Food was great, lots of choices and very fresh. Room was excellent, balcony was spacious as well. Sunsets were awesome. Thanks to all the staff for taking such good care of us. The managers were excellent in every department.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ocean facing room. We could enjoy the sunsets from our balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple