My husband and I holidayed atthe Sunset Beach from 27 April 4 May for our Honeymoon and I have to say it was really very good..... none of the negative comments have come from the British who are mostly used to EURO destinations.
When we arrived our cases wheretaken from us and delivered to our room. we were toldto "take it easy, you're on vacation".
We had upgraded to a superior room and had a view of the pool and the Ocean. Our room was spacious and had 2 double beds, air con, television, hair dryer, Iron and Ironing Board. There waseven dispensers in the bathroom for shampoo etc, you ceetainly dont get this in spain, Greece, canaries.
Most meal times are spent in the Banana Walk and comparedto other AI hols this is brilliant. There is a choice of cooked, continetal, or fruit breakfasts, food is plentiful and most importantly Hot. Nor has it been sitting for hours like other buffet style AI hols.
Lunch and Dinner had an excellant choice with Chicken, Fish and Beef (or Pork) every evening. There was also a good range of Salads, Pasta, Rice Vegetables and Potato dishes. However we didnt like the desserts as they were a bit too artifical from what we have back home. However our USA companions lapped them up.
There are two formal restaurants Silk Road (chinese/aisan) and Boteccili (Italian) and early booking is advised. This is your chance to be totally pampered and literally not lift a finger.
The Entertainment was OK........again not really our bag baby, but certainly a vast improvement on previous AI entertainment.
The staff are all lovely with excelleant service and (in response to someones negative comment) just once, we were kept waiting for water. (5 mins maybe) However the Chef had just got marriedtheday before and staff were a bit thin on the ground that morning, so we were happy to wait.
The Grill Bar also serves food and you must try the Jerk Chicken, its so moreish. The Slush drinks are nice too, as we dodnt like rum, we prefered the "Virgin" Daiquri and Pinas, although Pina and Malibu goes down a treat.
Try this place for yourself, coming from UK it was very expensive for us and we were annoyed by the other fussy guests who kept putting it down, but after a 24 hour journey we were happy.
My husband also enjoyed his Deep Tissue massage and agreed it was worth every penny
Go and try the resort were everything is "No Problem Mon".
You are also guaranteed to be offered "Smoke Mon" but a polite no is suffice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort