Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Royal Reef(Montego Bay)
View Hotel
Altamont West Hotel(Montego Bay)
Salem Resorts(Runaway Bay)
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Wexford Hotel(Montego Bay)
6,980 results
All reviewssunset beachwater parklazy riverthe grilljerk chickenitalian restaurantpirate shipgrilled cheesewater shoesswim up barkids clubsea urchinsfood was greatfamily resortfrench frieshot dogsstar resort
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Unique and diverse hotel catering to individuals, couples and families. I was exceptionally satisfied with the level of service received. The staff at the Sunset Beach Resort & Spa were very friendly/helpful and made you feel at home. What I truly enjoyed about this property is the fact that it has something for everyone. If you traveling as a family they have a nice selection of activities for children and teens as well as nightly entertainment with dancing and live shows.

Food was exceptionally well and I highly recommend making reservations to La Bella Vita which showcases a 5 course Italian menu. The hotel is planning to undergo some renovations towards all suites and offer wifi access throughout the hotel including bedrooms. Sunset beach resort and & Spa has plenty of potential to increase their clientele. For the time being this is a great and reasonable value if you are looking for a comfortable, pleasant, relaxing, and fun getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Victoria L
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This trip basically fell into my lap and couldn't pass it up went on june 6th to the 10th. This was my husband and I firsy trip to jamaica and I have to say I absolutely loved every minute of it so much so I am dying to go back (scheduled a tril for next year with my hubby and daughter) everyone was beyond friendly the food was great the room and views absolutely breath taking....I will be back and for longer

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank melz33
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We travel twice a year to many resorts...So my review will be honest. We upgraded to the Beach Cabana, it was small, the a/c was out and the extra bed for our 8 year old daughter took up all the room space. It was warm and muggy in the room. Called the front desk, spoke to Karlene Walters, who knew it was our 10 year anniversary, called us to the front desk and upgrades us to tower A room A706 2 room suite overlooking the ocean, it was heaven....Thank you Karlene. It was amazing....So our first dinner reservation was in the Italian restaurant, amazing, top pick for dinner, book it every night, you won't be sorry. They brought us dessert with Happy Anniversary written on the plate, pretty cool. The staff was great, all seemed nice and willing to help out in any way. The food in the Jamaican and Asian restaurants were just ok...The buffet breakfast and lunch were also just ok....Don't miss the barbeque dinner night, that was good...So the beach was awesome, bring snorkel gear as there is lots to see. So for kids, the water park is really cool...2 big slides, lazy river, can't go wrong, lifeguards everywhere... Kids club for all ages. Our daughter had a nice time and so did we.....Recommended for families...All in all we had a blast...Very relaxing

Room Tip: Tower A is closer to beach. Try to get an ocean view. A706 was our room. Suite. Awesome.
1  Thank Gregg G
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I came here for the Huie's Family Reunion on July 15-22nd and had a phenomenal time. Even though it was not the nicest hotel I have been to(amenities and entertainment wise), the warmth of most of the staff set the tone. Waking up and walking down three flights of stairs to the beach was qyite heavenly. Had a phenomenal seaweed wrap and massage from Donna. My mom and my sister are still raving about the massage they received from Dudley.

Guest Services must be proud of their outstanding crew: Shameeka, Patricia, Rosie and the charming Michael. Dudley, Conrad and Duncan - Wait Staff and the Front Desk cuties, the cleaning ladies...all wonderful, friendly, courteous and helpful!
I usually go to London every year but Jamaica and Sunset Beach Resort here I come!!!!!

Room Tip: The A rooms seems like the best...Quiet, large and sunny.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We travel a lot and have certain expectations like everyone. We like to think we give fair feedback.

First time to Jamaica and first impression was Wow! Bus driver was friendly and got you into the Jamaican mood instantly Yeah mon!
Resort
Gates feel odd at the resort but they want to ensure your safety and once inside we soon forgot. Very clean and front desk staff was ok. Then you walk thru the open air concept to the beautiful green/blue water.
Room
Very clean and bright white and blue. Bathroom very clean with nice bright white tiles. Towels were nice and fresh everyday if you wanted. Awesome view of the ocean and mountains. We were in section A which came into the front lobby area.
We don't go for the food typically but this place had great food. Too good! Italian restaurant was outstanding, nice decor and service was good. Carribean restaurant was great also. Our waiter was very good. The best one on the whole trip. Buffet had a wide variety. We didn't do the Asain restaurant because we get that enough at home.
Activities
These we going on from 10:30 till 4:30. The young guys running them could be a little friendlier. They appear arrogant but could be the culture. Water park was nice to have for my 13 year old and she enjoyed the teen center. There is also a kid center.
Beach
It wasn't that big but I am a beach walker so that's important to me. I did take the perimeter of the resort every day which took 15mins for each lap. There is an all natural beach that is guarded so there isnt any kids that can explore if they are curious.
Jamaican tours
we booked through nolitours. Did Dunn Falls....OUTSTANDING. Lots of fun and the tour guides were a hoot. It was a 2 hour bus ride but the guide Carol made it very fun and interesting. We also did the Dophin swim at Dophin Cove and it was amazing also. Best swim i have done so save yourself until you go to Jamaica to do your dolphin swim. Ww swam belly to belly with the beautiful creature. I giggled the whole time, felt like a kid. The bad thing is they get you with the pictures. $79 for the disc of pics and an additioanl $20 to get your dolphin swim on film. BUT worth it..we have watched it 3 times since we got home.

Money
DO NOT exchange. Dont get caught in this trap. I got American money and then changed that for Jamaican dollrs which costed another 12%. They all take American money. Even when i tried to break the Jamaican dollars all they had was american. I made the point to look when i purchased items and all they had was american money. You will be fine with the US dollar.
Tips
I feel you spend enough to go here and to get better service you have to flash cash. That didnt impress me even though they say no tips needed when you book...not the case.
More positives than negatives. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Room Tip: A or B is in the main building so you could get a good ocean view.
4  Thank Cindy2013_13