This was our first trip to Jamaica and we picked Sunset Beach because this trip was for the kids. (2 boys, 12 & 14)
After reading all the reviews, we were expecting the worst but hoping for the best. It exceeded out modest expectations by far.
Food was anywhere from average to good.
We upgraded to a beachfront cabanas room when we arrived and received a 2nd floor room with the beach on the balcony side, and the waterpark right out of our front door. It was loud on Saturday night during the entertainment and the air conditioner was unusually loud in one of our rooms (204). It struggled to keep the room cool during the day, but was fine at night. Our other room (203) was just fine.
The service and attitude of the staff was the highlight of the trip. I'm really going to miss those "Yea Mon" greetings.
The boys have been on 7 beach vacations to Mexico, and Sunset Beach in Jamaica is their new favorite. There were lots of other kids their age and the hotel made a special effort to cater to them.
That being said, we would never come back here by ourselves without the kids. I.m sure there are much better resorts in Jamaica for that, but we will definitely be back next year with the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort