2nd time at this hotel - for a 2nd wedding - 1st wedding I came down for was 4 yrs ago. MY LAST memories of that 1st trip - BAD FOOD, BAD FOOD. MEH beaches.
This time around the beaches have not changed (FYI I'm not a beach bum person) but MY GOSH they have stepped it up at the buffet. This review will be very FOOD HEAVY as I am a foodie.
To get past the (IMO) unimportant parts - the rooms are cleaned daily, fresh towels, wifi only works in the lobby area and is 5$/hr, $15 for 24 hrs or $30/wk, the gift store is cool, the beaches are fairly nice, water is blue, not too much seewead.
NOW THE FOOD:
There are 3 a la carte restaurants - Asian, Italian and Jamaican. Only tried Jamaican it was good but the portions too small.
There is a beach grill that makes burgers snacks fries and JERK CHICKEN (reallly good) as as well as ESCOVITCH FISH (yum) during the times when the MAIN buffet is closed.
The MAIN BUFFET: great breakfast selections though I wish they would've had more JAMAICAN foods (ackee & saltfish, dumpling) more often in the mornings. They only did it 2x the 6 days I was there - apparently authentic Jamaican food would be VERY expensive to cook/serve on a daily basis to hundreds of hotel guests (from what kitchen staff told me).
Breakfast is the usual full English (i.e. scrambled eggs, omelette station, fruit, cereal, pastries, bacon, ham, yogurt, pancakes, french toast) BUT NO WAFFLES which i thought they had 4 yrs ago? Could be mistaken though. PS THE "egg man" who made the omelettes was AMAZING - he was like a Cirque du Soleil juggler or something, he would do 6 omelettes AT THE SAME TIME it was pretty amazing to watch him work. He made alot of tips daily JUST from his "show" in the mornings.
At LUNCH time the buffet tended to serve a bunch of different rice/starch dishes as well as some form of grilled meat/chicken/fish. The grilled fish was EXCELLENT. Not much seafood other than the fish (trout). There was jerk pork on occasion WHICH WAS THE BOMB.
At DINNER the buffet again had a wide selection of various entrees. NO ONE WILL STARVE at this hotel.
I always found SOMETHING tasty to eat at every meal. My only gripe is they often ran out of sliced mangos at breakfast which was super annoying.
Would I stay here again - NO as I've been here 2x already and that's TOO MUCH.
WOULD I RECOMMEND SOMEONE TO STAY HERE? YES definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort