Jamaica was my first trip out of the US. I am 35 so my boyfriend(now fiance)and I decided we would try this resort. We stayed for 6 days. The price was pretty low so we didnt go into the resort having super high expectations. Having read previous reviews and knowing that it wasnt a 5 star resort, we were hesititate. We had a few hiccups when we first checked in- our room wasnt ready so we had to wait for almost 4 hours. Thank god for beach and endless pina colada's with Jamaican Rum! We booked our vacation on expedia 3 months before our trip and we got an ocean view room-(absolutely gorgeous view of the ocean - worth the extra charge) you can see what they call: Bioluminescent phytoplankton light up in the ocean at night- you can see it from the balcony. We were in awe. Amazing to watch! Google it and you will see what im talking about. Regarding our room: we had a 2 queen beds for 1 night but the staff made a quick adjustment and set us up in a great King size room for the rest of our trip. The hotel itself is a bit outdated. The rooms are simple and very well kept for being older. Most of the staff was accommidating and very friendly. The food was ok. Omelette and Pasta Station were worth the wait, so good!. No room service available. If you are expecting seafood, this resort is not for you. We had to go outside the resort to get fresh Lobster. The Sea Horse Yatch Club was within walking distance so it was close so that was cool. The beach had amazingly beautiful spots and many trashy unkept spots. Over all, it wasnt to bad, but i have seen better beaches. The ocean is gorgeous just very rocky in some spots and yes, lots of seaweed. We didnt snorkle but we did see some beautuful fish just looking out in the coral off the piers. It was different not being able to walk and walk and walk on the beach like you can in the US. I felt like this place was nice and great for families but not a good place for a couple trying to spoil themselves and be romantic. We got engaged at sunset while sitting on the pier, it was an amazing moment, so for the rest of my trip i was in awe.. nothing could have made me upset after my boyfriend proposed. We did have a couples massage, and it was very pleasant. However, they did it at the Gazebo right on the beach- right in front of everyone who was at that part of the beach (very busy area). Made us feel abit strange.
We will be going back to Jamaica. We loved the people and all vibe.. but we will probably not be staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort