Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Reef(Montego Bay)
View Hotel
Altamont West Hotel(Montego Bay)
Salem Resorts(Runaway Bay)
View Hotel
The Wexford Hotel(Montego Bay)
6,930 results
All reviewssunset beachwater parklazy riverthe grilljerk chickenitalian restaurantpirate shipgrilled cheesewater shoesswim up barkids clubsea urchinsfood was greatfamily resortfrench frieshot dogsstar resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2013

15 min ride from the air port about $30 US.

the check in desk had explained all the restaurants were open and you needed reservations. I was traveling alone so it was no problem for me to get a reservation each night i wanted. larger parties (8 or more) were split up. Which is understandable. However if your planning a wedding keep this in mind. the service of the staff in the restaurants was great! considering it is all inclusive and your not tipping, i would say the service exceed typical american service.

During the day I spent alot of time between beaches and bars. There are three beach areas, with tons of clean chairs and plenty of room to enjoy. ( aka you are not ON TOP of other people) There was virtually no wait for drinks or actives. I enjoyed the free scuba masks, kayak boats and paddle boats. For a decent fee ( $60 us) I went para sailing. The guys and lady that worked the boats were very nice and helpful. They let me ride with another employee to which i felt waaaay more safe. It was fun!

All three meals could be taken at the buffet, there were alot of window tables and i got one every night. Like i said, its perfect for children and families. they had traditional food, fruits and desserts but also alot of american favorites that appeal to children. French fries, shepards pie, lasagna, pasta salad etc. They also had fresh sandwiches made to order and a meat slicing person. The buffet for breakfast had an omelet station and breakfast sandwiches. the dining room was very clean and the service was great. You were greeted with water, then offered coffee or tea within 2 minutes of seating.

I stayed in an Ocean View room, which was worth it!! the view was lovely and i could read on my balcony in the sun when id had to much time on the beach. The west wing is perfect for children. Its located near the cafe which cooks 11am- 8 or 9 pm. the water park area with lazy river and slides is on that side too. I recommend that side for families and the eastern ocean view rooms for wedding parties or solo travelers. all 6 bars had a great staff and by the end of my week long stay, they each knew my name! (and not because i was at the bar 24-7, they are just very friendly)

Internet is available for $5 for an hour. which actually lasted me the whole week because i just used it to check emails once a day. they had an internet cafe, so bringing your laptop is not necessary. the gift shop offered a variety of trinkets and local stuff. one day i went shopping on a "shopping tour" and the craft market offered the same goods at the gift shop. the only difference was the craft shop ladies would let you suggest a price. either way, they are very pushy so if you dont want to deal with it...just buy stuff at the hotel. they will stamp and mail your post cards too. ( $1 us each of course)

I had read a review before I went to the hotel and was really expecting much worse. the decor is very plain, but beautiful. island colors and whatnot. I really enjoyed my time there, it was very clean and everyone was so friendly.

Room Tip: rooms in sunset a are above the entertainment center so entertainment goes until 11pm. my room was near the elevators so heard alot of people coming and going at all hours. But i was happy there was no crying kids near me.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank LadyBourdain
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Just came back from a 10 day stay at Sunset. Our family had a fantastic time.
Played tennis 3 times a day with the in-house pro, snorkelling, got certified for
SCUBA. Over indulged at the buffet, could barely fit down the waterslides.
Did a few 1/2 day excursions around town. Same day bookings thru hotels...easy.
Will go back for complimentary tennis programs. Bring your racquets and snorkel
gear. Hope to see the same friendly and helpful staff again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Nathan H
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was traveling with a group of 19 people for a 4 night get away through Apple Vacations. When we arrived a the resort I noticed that the property was runned down and not as the photos looked online. We checked in and had a wait for our room (normal since we arrived at noon) we went to the buffet and to our surprise this was what we would have to eat the entire time we were there breakfast lunch and dinner. The 3 other locations for food were only open on specific nights and most did not have an seats available. The shows in the evenings were not anything special and the drinks were all made with cheap liquor. Most of the staff was really sweet until someone on our trip had their purse stolen from under a chair in the disco. Then we had to deal with managment. We had it reported and let them know that the purse had a cellphone and id in it. (she was carrying the cellphone since she was a single women traveling). We had to cancel our cellphone, cancel our excursion and spend the entire day afterwards tracking down management. He made us feel very uncomfortable. It took us two days to get the security report because they had to search our room with medical gloves and look through our luggage not once but twice and take photos of all of our items to confirm that we had not misplaced or hide our items. When we finally got the report the lady was told that if we said it was stolen a red flag would be raised for the resort. Well I do not appreciate them trying to protect their property when come to find out someone had their camera stolen the night before in the disco. So there seems to be a problem and they do not have security cameras or security in this location. Would I return never as would anyone in our group of 19. I work in the industry and yes I understand that these things happen but this is not how you handle someone getting their items stolen and making them feel like they lied and not believing anything we told them.

A couple amazing people (employees) we met Rosie and Renae at the excursion desk, Tio with the snorkling, Damion at the buffet and Jordie at the beach.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Shelley B
Natalie B, Manager at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your vacation at our resort. We are certainly very disappointed that your visit was not all that it could have been. We strive to ensure that all our guests enjoy a uniquely Jamaican 5-star service that guarantees that they always return.

You have mentioned a number of issues that you encountered during your stay which we will endeavour to correct. We are very sorry however that we were not given an opportunity to address these concerns during your stay.

While we acknowledge that we are rated a 3.5 star resort, all of us at Sunset Beach Resort, Spa & Waterpark are committed to giving all our guests a first class service experience.

Our Food & Beverage team is always engaged in creative ways to present healthy and nutritious menu options to satisfy the palate of all our very discerning guests.

We do take the safety and security of our guests and staff very seriously and every incident that occurs is handled with the same level of professionalism and urgency. We do have on record a report of an incident involving a purse with a telephone being misplaced in the disco however we are happy to report that after careful investigation by our security personnel the items were located in the guestroom.

You will appreciate that investigations will take some time to get the desired results and we are happy when we have positive outcomes. It is never our intention to have our guests inconvenienced in any way.

Thank you for recognizing the positive experience with our Staff and we are very pleased that your contact with Rosie, Ranae, Tio, Damion and Jordie were memorable and will be sure to let them know.

Once again please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we hope that you will visit with us again and allow us the opportunity to surpass that first experience with us.

At your service,
-Natalie Boreland, Compliance Officer

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is our third year visiting. The staff, like DooDoo The Clown would say are Unbelievable! Loved every part of our trip! Everywhere you look there is management and staff always there to help you. My kids loved DooDoo's clown show and all his balloons! We loved the night time entertainment, cant wait to come back

Room Tip: Loved the two story part of the hotel, quite, and beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank serena_farberman
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our trip to this resort was amazing.
I'm sick of reading bad reviews on here. The resort is above average! The staff are fantastic! Get to know them a bit as well, great people!

There are 4 amazing pools (not cloudy at all mayve the one reader saying that had never seen a salt water pool?), great food (and yes, some is very authentic and Jamaican!), bars were delicious and plentiful, a la cartes were a nice change and had good food as well.
The place does not need that much TLC, especially in the new wing. It's a family resort so you have kids runnung through it by day. By night it is all spic and span again.

There is always food available and the food was always great, even for buffet food it was good and the staff will bring you anything if you need it.

Sit anywhere in the entertainment area or the buffet and it is like you are on top of the ocean.
Our family had a great time, we made friends with some great Americans (New Yorkers and Long Islanders, we are Canadian).

The beaches were also very clean and groomed every morning. The water is clear and has nice sand. There are some weeds, but they don't get in your way and seem to be a snorkelers paradise.

There was always nightly entertainment. The 'disco' doesn't really fill up but the resort offers a shuttle to Margaritaville for those wanting to go to a club.

NYE was amazing. The food was great, they decorated, entertainment was fun and the friends and memories made were timeless! The resort put a lot of effort into this night. And it paid off!

If you have the time to complain about this resort, you probably should go spend your money on your luxury resorts. It honestly upsets me to read some of the negative reviews on here, this resort has such a great envrionment and atmosphere. This resort had everything and much more that we could ever have wanted or needed on our vacation. Would definitely return...and not for just a 'good deal' price. I would pay the same price all over again.

Room Tip: The newer east wing has newer rooms. They're a little further from everything but closer to great spots on the beach and perhaps even a little more private or quiet. Also, the cats there are very friendly. We named the brindle coloured one Oliver, please take care of him for me!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family