Our family went to Montego Bay and stayed at the Sunset Beach Resort and Water Park from November 4th until November 10th. We had seven adults and four children in our party. This in an all inclusive resort. Upon arrival at the resort, check-in went fairly smoothly. We had requested Ocean front rooms and all four rooms were in fact Ocean front with nice views of the pools, beaches and the ocean. The room were fine, but not spectacular. Each room had a balcony and were what I would describe as average hotel rooms. Each room had a flat screen tv with limited Direct TV, hair dryer, ironing board and iron. A room safe was present, but had no lock. We did not ask, but were told by others that you had to put down a deposit and then they would give you a lock for the safe.
The staff was friendly overall. There are three decent sized pools and the water park. The water park was okay. It had two giant slides and a lazy river. The slides were slow and our grandkids were not overly impressed with them. It seemed that there were more kids using the pools than were using the water park. It could use a little sprucing up. Beach towel cards were provided to check out pool/beach towels. Sometimes you had to wait for the laundry to wash and dry more towels. We had to wait on several occasions.
The beach is long and narrow. There is an "au naturel" section of the beach that did not appear to be widely used. Many of the loungers were broken and could not have the backs raised and locked in place, though you could still lay flat on them (It appeared all of the loungers in the pool area were in proper working order). You could go on a free guided snorkeling trip off the beach which some of our family enjoyed. You could also take out kayaks and paddle boats free of charge.
The food was decent, not great. There are two speciality restaurants. One features Chinese cuisine and the other is Italian cuisine. Both places had good food and attentive staff. The drinks at all the bars and restaurants tend to be small, but pretty strong. The buffet was also average in quality.
All in all, my family enjoyed this resort. For what we payed, we believe we got a good value. If you want a five star resort, this is not your place. But it also does not cost you the same as a five star resort. For air fare and six nights, we paid an average of less than $850.00 per person compared to a five star all inclusive price of $1500-$2000 per person. I would give it three stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort