“Fabulous Staff”

Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Fabulous Staff”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just returned from Half Moon resort with 15 people. We stayed in a 7 bedroom villa with an unbelievable staff. Our butler, Ferdinand was especially friendly and attentive to all our needs. Our cook, Beverly, (she once cooked for the Queen of England) made the most wonderful dishes throughout the week. Her desserts and breakfast muffins were to die for. Beverly, our housemaid, kept the rooms and bathrooms immaculate. When we go back we will surely request these three outstanding staff members. Thanks to them for a truly memorable stay in Jamaica.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Soccerduke
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure serving you as our treasured guests; we thank you for taking the time to share your Half Moon, A RockResort experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted your experience was all you anticipated and you thoroughly enjoyed your Royal Villa accommodation and the hospitality from the villa team, Ferdinand and the two Beverlys’ the cook and housekeeper. We will be sure to share your comments with them.

Thank you for choosing Half Moonand for sharing feedback; we certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to your home-away-from-home soon.

The Half Moon Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

As soon as I visited the Half Moon , back in 2012 on a ‘Wedding Location’ recce of Jamaica, we instantly fell in love with the place… We just HAD to get married there!!! …. ‘They had us at Hello’!!!

So on the 21st April 2013, 60 or so Wedding guests from the UK, USA, Canada, Dubai, South Africa, and Jamaica descended upon The Half Moon, for 10 days of Pre and post wedding FUN FUN FUN!!!

We were treated like royalty as soon as we stepped into the Half Moon Lounge at the Airport!!.. There were quite a few of us arriving at the same time.. but that didn’t faze them at all! Everything went smoothly!

We are all given a Rum punch on arrival… and was serenated by the house band as we sipped our cocktails, on the terrace in the sunset!!

All the guests were staying within the Royal Villas, and they very kindly arranged it so all the villas were close to each other.

Everything about the Villas was AMZAING! Really…. The photos on the website really doesn’t do it justice! The place is just FAB FAB FAB!!
And the villa staff (You get a Butler, Cook and Housemaid with each villa!) were so helpful and lovely! Attending to our every need!!.
Just wanted to give a ‘shout out’ to Gary, Michelle, Stephen & Miss Ruby! (who I liked to call Miss Roobs!)… She makes one serious Ackee and Saltfish!!! …and enough rum punch to make us all in the villas very very happy! ;0)

I’m telling you, if you want to get married in Jamaica.. HALF MOON IS THE PLACE!! We got married at the Royal Pavilion… and when all the decorations and the lights were in place.. it looked like a picture postcard!! I was so happy with how it all turned out..I kept pinching myself because I just couldn’t believe how beautiful everything was!. And that it was MY wedding!.. it was breathtaking!! I’m still getting compliments from the guests to this day!

The 18 months of planning, conference calls and emails made it ALL worth it.
And it all wouldn’t have happened without my amazing, unflappable Wedding coordinator TASHANE!!

I really don’t know how she put up with me!!!! ;0)
I’m a typical Virgo, and I work in television, so logistics is my thing! I will be the first to admit that I am very particular about everything, let alone my wedding day. But Tashane took all my requests on board, and moved the earth to make it work…and BOY did she make it work!!!
I owe so much of my happiness on my wedding day to Tashane! All the months of planning all paid off and due to this I had the best day of my life.. and this is all own to her!!

Overall, the time I spent at the Half moon was, without a doubt.. the BEST holiday I have EVER had.
I was surrounded by my best friends, my family, my amazing new husband, beautiful weather, in an AMAZING location.. Life couldn’t have been any sweeter!!

THANK YOU HALF MOON!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sophia P
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Welcome Back! Thank you for sharing your recent Half Moon, A RockResort experience on tripadvisor; it was a pleasure serving you

We are happy our team created an experience of a lifetime for you; and you not only enjoyed your “Royal” experience but certainly your Amazing wedding. We thank you for acknowledging the villa team of Gary, Michelle, Stephen & Miss Ruby as well as the wedding team particularly your unflappable Wedding Planner Tashane. Our ultimate goal is always to exceed our valued guest expectations at every opportunity. We have shared you complimentary comments with the team

Again, thank you for choosing Half Moon for your very special occasion and for review, Your Half Moon family looks forward to the pleasure of serving you on your first Anniversary and many more.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This spot works for me as you are right on the beach and it is safe, sweet and simple family fun. THe rooms are terribly dated (Royal suite) with battered kitchen and furniture, musty ventilation but entirely redeeming service though typically Jamaican... I believe the prices are high for the condition of the property but the location and the grounds are truly the point of differentiation for us and reason I recommend for families-

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank lovetheluxe
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure serving you as our treasured guests; we thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent Half Moon, A RockResort experience on TripAdvisor. Your comments are valuable to us and are highly appreciated, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience encountered with your accommodation experience.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor; it was a privilege serving you and we look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Half Moon was our last stop on our honeymoon tour of Jamaica. The property was beautiful! Nice spacious room, good amenities, picturesque grounds, good service and wonderful cocktails. We were given a beautiful room (beach front) and it was wonderful just waking up in the morning and walking out to the beach.

The only downside to the hotel for us were the prices of the food offered versus its quality. For the over the top prices example $70.00 for a breakfast for 2 persons (which includes 10% government tax and 15% service charge. 25% is automatically included on all bill.) the taste was average at best. It simply wasn’t worth dining on the property. Even with the wide selection of food available at the buffet, we didn’t find anything that was worth going back for a second time. We also had room service twice and both times, it was just okay.

With this review, it is only fair to say that you can’t people everybody all the time and perhaps the next guests will enjoyed the food and rave about it. Unfortunately, for us, it was average and nothing special.

Room Tip: The beachfront room was amazing!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for choosing Half Moon, A RockResort for your special occasion. The lovely feedback is highly appreciated; we are delighted you enjoyed the rosort and its amenities.

We apologise that we did not meet your expectations with your dining experience.

It was a privilege serving you. we thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor; and certainly look forward to the pleasure of serving you on your first Anniversary and many more.

South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent a week at the Half Moon in May 2013. We had a 6 BR villa for me and wifey, two kids (2.5 yr twins), my mom & dad, her dad and my sister. The stay was for my wife's birthday and we ultimately had a group of about 30 people staying there. The villa staff, Everite, Jennifer and Ferdinand were wonderful. Every request was met with a "Yeah mon" or "No problem". They cooked special meals for our kids and even made a cake(with candles) for my mom's birthday which was a few days after my wife's. The resort was pretty nice as well and very relaxing. Everyone had a good time at the swim up bar. We took the kids to the dolphin cove which was fun but expensive. The weather didn't really cooperate as it was the start of the rainy season and we got some almost everyday. Many of the kids activities were closed because it was slightly off-season. It didn't matter for us because our kids were too young for most things, but was a little surprised given the number of older kids i saw there. Some of our friends had 3 kids and I am pretty sure they were bored even though they rented bikes. I would definitely go back, but maybe during the high season to see everything in full swing.

Room Tip: Rooms are tough and some of the nicer villas have been leased to travel clubs making them unavailabl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Half Moon, A RockResort. It was a pleasure serving you.

We are happy our team created an experience of a lifetime for you; and you enjoyed your Royal Villa experience. We thank you for the complimentary comments towards our dedicated team particularly the villa team of Everite, Jennifer and Ferdinand. Our ultimate goal is always to exceed our valued guests' expectations at every opportunity.

Again thank you for choosing Half Moon, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and family back home in the not too distant future,

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Half Moon bay villas or a week. The service was phenomenal and the views spectacular. The property was very spread out so you had to take a golf cart or ask or a ride from the staff. Sometimes that would be a little inconvenient as you had to plan ahead. Although it was an all inclusive, we still had our card and sign for everything. It would have been better if they allowed you to have a wrist band and not have to worry about the card the entire time. Overall we had a great time, and the staff, food and drinks were great. Nice beaches and pools on the property. My wife said the massage a facial we're one of the best she's ever had at a resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guests,

It is always a pleasure receiving feedback from our valued clients; we thank you for taking the time to share your recent Half Moon, A RockResort experience on tripadvisor.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon and for your comments, we are happy you enjoyed the resort and it offerings. Thank you for your comment regarding the arm band, it has been shared with the team. We surely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,

Montgomery, Alabama, USA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I recently spent one unforgettable night at the Half Moon. From the time we arrived at the Half Moon reception desk at the airport until we checked out the next morning we were blown away by the staff, food, and accomodations. As soon as we arrived on the property, we were greeted with smiles and rum punch. Check in was a pleasant experience and we were shown to our room within minutes of arrival. The front desk staff assisted us getting a dinner reservation arranged for the Seagrape Terrace later in the evening of our arrival. We were both blown away by the spaciousness of our suite and the proximity to the beach. We will be back as soon as our schedules allow us to break away again. It was only by chance that we stayed at Half Moon. I had originally booked the Ritz Carlton next door since we had spent our honeymoon at the Ritz over 10 years ago. We received a phone call from Marriott management informing us the hotel had been bought out and would be closed for renovations during the time of our travel. Marriott arranged with Half Moon to secure a room for us for one night at the same rate we had booked with the Ritz. Next time we are back in Montego Bay and staying at the Half Moon, we will take advantage of the all-inclusive package. Food and drinks are expensive but well worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank autigers5252
Dear Valued Guests,

The lovely comments shared on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Half Moon, A RockResort are highly appreciated. We are happy your stay, though brief, was all you anticipated and we created and experience of a lifetime for you.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, we trust you will now make Half Moon your ‘home away from home’. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montego Bay
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Half Moon? Share your experiences!