“Great Experience!!!”

Ranked #2 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reston, Virginia
“Great Experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We (me, my wife and 2 year old) just returned from 4 night at Half Moon and it was a wonderful vacation. We stayed in one of the Junior suites in the West cottages with a view of the ocean. If you don't have an ocean view, you will probably have a small private pool all to yourself!!! The staff and service was excellent and the food at the restaurants was diverse and very good. Our son loved the beach and all the pools and had a wonderful time. The Olympic size lap pool was nice as well. We tried snorkeling, sailing, pedal boats and wished we had stayed back for one more day. All in all, a terrific vacation and left us wanting more.

I would only warn about the food prices at the restaurants - super expensive and I am glad we had the all-inclusive option and never had to worry about it. I would definitely recommend going with the all-inclusive option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

We are delighted that you had a wonderful holiday with us at Half Moon A, RockResort. Thank you for your beautiful comments regarding the resort facilities and of course the team for their hospitality; it was a pleasure serving you.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon and for sharing your comments; we certainly look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ soon.

The Half Moon Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have read reviews on this site for years but this is the first time I've written. I've stayed at all caliber places throughout the world, but this is the first time I've been compelled to write a review...and I'm still here on ther property NOW.

I see the glory day pictures on the walls in the lobby and now I know why they are all in black and white. This seems to be a place that was luxorious and high end 40 plus years ago that maintains a reputation it no longer earns.

I'm in a large garden villa and the accomodations are 3 star max. The staff ranges from polite to indifferent. If you want to drop a ton of money and then have to think about every single step of your vacation and maybe cook with the cook in your villa....come here.

Whether it is a Ritz, Four Seasons, or even Atlantis, when people spend a certain amount of money they expect superior service and accomodations. You don't complain about high prices at restaurants, etc, because the overall grounds and exeperience make it worth it.

I will never return here and minus the beautiful water....which looks the same in a dozen other countries....am not even compelled to return to Jamaica after this trip.

Half moon means half the service, cleaniness and standards you would expect.

What a dissapointment!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank travelgurl69
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We will not be arriving to the resort until mid-July but our impression has already been tainted by the headaches we are currently experiencing trying to upgrade our reservation.

The hotel website itself seems to herald back to the early ages of the internet and we were unable to book through the site directly, so chose to use favourite third-party booking site, LuxuryLink instead.

Having booked the 5-bedroom villa for 10 people, we called the resort a few days later to upgrade to the 12-person villa and were more than willing to pay the difference. A simple request at other resorts but at the Half Moon Resort for some reason this request cannot be fulfilled.

We are awaiting a second call back from Management and hope that this issue can be rectified prior to our arrival.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MyTravels010
Farmington, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a wonderful staff including Peter, Evadney, and Patricia at our recent stay at the Royal Villas. They made our family reunion wonderful with great food, arranging our days, and washing and cleaning our villa. Much thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at Half Moon, A RockResort; we are happy you had a `Royal’ experience. We generally receive complimentary reviews on the Royal Villas accommodation which create `a home away from home’ atmosphere, much to the pleasure of our valued guests like yourselves.

We thank you for the beautiful comments regarding the dedicated team of Peter, Evadney, and Patricia whose aim is always to create an experience of a lifetime for our most discerning clients; we have shared your comments with them.

Again, thank you for selecting Half Moon and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back `home’ soon.

Lutherville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I were booked into the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall. They shut down one month before our trip. We moved over to the Half Moon Resort. What a great stroke of luck. Our stay at Half Moon was superb. The junior suite in the west cottages was wonderful with an ocean view.
The staff was great, the food fabulous, and the golf extremely good for a resort course. Our stay was near perfect...we had rain one day!! I would go back to Half Moon at my next opportunity.

Room Tip: West Cottages ocean view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harvey H
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

The Half Moon, A RockResort family is delighted that you had an experience of a lifetime during your recent stay with us. We thank you for taking the time to share your beautiful review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for making Half Moon your new ‘home-away-from-home’, it was certainly a pleasure serving you; we look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back `home’ soon.

Best Regards,

Bayport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Beautiful (very English) resort with 5 star service. Queen Elizabeth, the Price of Saudia Arabia, Will Smith, and many other famous people have stayed here. Halfmoon has pretty much everything you would need in a Caribbean resort. They have a village with shops and restaurants, a Dolphin swim, a farm with horses and all sorts of animals (i suggest doing the horse ride and swim), and tons of other activites. They will lend you snorkeling equipment for the day and there are jettis you can snorkel all over the resort. It was some of the best snorkleing I have ever done! They are not exclusively all inclusive but do offer the option. It does tend to be a little on the expensive side but other than that this is a great place to stay in Montego Bay and I definitely reccommend it. april11

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ferenzp
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know we created an experience of a lifetime on your recent visit to Half Moon A, RockResort.

We’re happy your stay was all you anticipated and you throughly enjoyed the resort and its offering. We thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back ‘home’ soon.

Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent three nights at Half Moon for my birthday. The suites was clean, huge, airy and very comfortable. We were by the sea and listened to the beautiful sound of the waves crashing. I choose Half Moon because I wanted a quite, peaceful vacation and I got that. I was very surprised that there is so much to do. I went on a leisurely walk and ended up kayaking and biking, all my choosing. The was no pressure to do anything.

I could not believe on the big day so my members of staff remembered it was my birthday. I was spoilt my entire stay. It was excellent service from reservation to departure. Special thanks to Colleen, Denneka, Omar, Thelma, Soloman, Gavin, Chef Golding and Errol who made the experience more pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Monifa67
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for choosing Half Moon, A RockResort for your special occasion. We are delighted that our team created an experience of a lifetime for your ‘fabulous day’ . Your beautiful comments will certainly be shared with the team in particular Colleen, Denneka, Omar, Thelma, Soloman, Gavin, Chef Golding and Errol.

We are happy your stay was all you anticipated and we thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for many more birthdays. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!