I go to this beach every time I visit Montego Bay, and have been a frequent patron of this beach for more than 15 years. This beach, which was once one of my favs, is slowly losing it's magic.
The water is still amazing; the beach is still fairly clean, but:
(1) The lifeguards suck. With the exception of two that I've know for years, these new lifeguards are rude and will try to suck every single dollar out of you for life vests, snorkel equipment, etc.
(2) The bathroom/changing room is dirty- and there are too many ladies who supposedly are in charge of maintaining the bathroom for it to be so dirty.
(3) There is no entertainment- no music, no band, nothing. A couple of trampolines to jump on in the water is not entertainment.
(4) When cruise ships are in, the place is crowded and the staff does not know how to manage it. They run out of umbrellas, chairs, beach space etc. The beach needs more equipment and a better plan for use of the space when it's packed.
(5) The worst thing about this beach is the sands bar. It sucks. I wish they would bring back the groovy grouper. The service is slow, the food is below sub par, and they run out of basics like fruit to make a good drink on the regular. The prices aren't bad, but still.....
All in all, you need to step it up, Doctor's Cave.