“Best Jerk Chicken in Mobay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pork Pit

Pork Pit
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
New Orleans
“Best Jerk Chicken in Mobay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

I am convinced that they have the best jerk chicken in Mobay... It is one of my favorite stops in Mobay. A nice walk from all of the major hotels and a great place to eat!

1 Thank MooneyPilot

Seattle
“Hands down the best jerk in MoBay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

Low prices. Great food. The only negative I can think of is that even though green salad is on the menu they never seem to have it. We ate here every day of our Montego Bay vacation, and if we ever go back, we will again.

1 Thank rkuef
Seattle
“Not fancy dining, just great jerk.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2009

Wow. Why does anyone bother to go way over to the other side of the airport to Scotchie's, when the Pork Pit is so convenient to the Strip and downtown? We arrived in Montego Bay dead tired, unable to check in to our hotel when we wanted. We finally got it worked out, slept until about sunset, then walked to the Pork Pit for our very first Jamaican food and experience. We ended up going back every day of our four-day stay.

Inside, the Pork Pit resembles any Formica topped fast food restaurant in the U.S. Place your order, pick up your sides and drinks, then go outside to get your meat. Outside dining is on metal picnic tables. Tasty portions available in as little as a quarter pound, on up to however much you can eat. I am not a huge fan of shrimp, but the jerk shrimp at the Pork pit was some of the most delicious I've ever had.

Be forewarned, although you can pay in US dollars here (as with everywhere in Jamaica), it will cost you. Our first night I had no chance to pick up JA dollars, and the Pork Pit calculated the exchange at JA$75 to US$1. At the time, the cambios were giving customers JA$87 to US$1. Before to go stop at an ATM on the Hip Strip to pick up some Jays.

Can't wait to go back to the Pork Pit. Writing is making me hungry. It's time to head back to MoBay!

Milwaukee, WI
“Don't Miss the Pit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

The first thing I do when I get to MoBay is to go eat at the Pork Pit. Cheap food and the best I've had in MoBay. SHare a pound of chicken or pork with a friend and a big rice and ur good to go for a few hours. Nothing is better.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

The best tasting chicken and pork I have had in a long time. You can walk there from the MoBay strip. Please go and try the food. All seating is outside.

1 Thank MsPRNorthCarolina