“Best Jerk in Jamaica!”
Review of Pork Pit

Pork Pit
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Montego Bay, Saint James, Jamaica
“Best Jerk in Jamaica!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The service is wonderful, the food is terriffic! the whole experience is awesome.
This is my regular spot with my family and friends.
Honestly this is the best jerk centre in Montego bay and i have been to most but none compare to Pork Pit.

Great for kids too...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Terry-Ann H

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Think this is good? You're telling porkies.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We left our five star luxury hotel to check out some authentic cuisine and to be honest it wasn't worth the effort. The Pork Pit has two outlets in Mo Bay, but they are really little more than grimy and cheap fast food dispensers.

We ordered the more expensive "lean" pork , which was tasty enough and just on the right side of fat free. I'm certainly glad we didn't order the regular pork because the lean variety was chewy enough for our liking. Our fried plantin and fries were tasteless and industrial and neither of us were overly inclined to finish.

Service whilst ordering was friendly enough and we were cautioned against selecting too much. The actual food service appeared to be grudged and clearly only the most basic training goes into making this a pleasurable tourist experience.

This is a poor reflection on what Jamaican cuisine is capable of.

2 Thank DavidDundonald
“Dry jerk chicken”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

It's not BBQ. It's dry chopped up chicken. The service is minimal and they didn't have much of what's posted on have menu,
Basically a take it or leave it attitude

1 Thank Dennis D
Canada
“Average”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I find myself returning to the Pork Pit each time I visit Jamaica, yet I seem to wonder why. Three years ago, this place was ranked #1 in Mo Bay and was packed with locals and tourists. Fast forward, and as the ratings slip, so seem the crowds. On the past two visits, the place was virtually empty - save me and my friends, and another tourist or two. Are we visiting on off days or off peak times?

They seem to be out of most of the side dishes and the drink coolers are almost empty (no Ting!). The pork and chicken are still good - no complaints there. I found the taste of the festival and bammy to be a little off this time - the oil they are fried in tastes old.

As disappointed as I have been, it's still reasonably priced and the meat is good enough to make it a decent lunch out if you need to escape your resort. I'll likely be back but I probably won't seek it out.

1 Thank PrincessGolden