“Nice Jamaican Food.”
Review of The Pelican Grill

The Pelican Grill
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice Jamaican Food.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nice little place on the Hip Strip Montego Bay.

My husband and I ordered the special which was a little bit of jerk chicken, ackee and saltfish , curried goat and rice and pea's. It was nice to try a little bit of each and it was fresh and tasty.

• Visited June 2013
JJBenn, Owner at The Pelican Grill, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
It is always a pleasure when visitors enjoy our island cuisine. Thank you.

• Finnish first
Shanahoe
“unimpressive”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Contrary to other reviews we were unimpressed with the pelican. Our waitress was totally disinterested and somewhat reluctant to explain the local dishes. Food was okish but atmosphere dead. I had the Jerk Chicken salad. Boring. I could have thrown it together myself and made it more appealing. We also felt that it was pricey for what we received. Portions were mean. We visited on the first day of our three day stay on 3rd of June and did not return. Mind you, we found nothing better in Montego Bay. This is a good argument to go on an all inclusive package.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Chris O
JJBenn, Owner at The Pelican Grill, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
It is outrageous that your waitress appeared totally disinterested and reluctant to explain the local dishes and I totally sympathise with your disappointment and appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention. I also apologise for the "boring" Jerk Chicken Salad as this is normally one of the more exciting items on our menu and is extremely popular. What went wrong I have no idea but I am really sorry that it happened. Your apparent misconception that we are an “All you can eat” restaurant probably influenced your opinion that the “portions were mean” and I can quite understand why an all inclusive package might prove a more suitable alternative for you.
Illinois
“Impressed”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Once you get past the cheap American diner look of the Pelican, the place was very impressive. Our waiter was extremely nice and accommodating. Our food arrived very fast (fastest service in MB that we received). The food was also very good. Our party had a mixture of American and Jamaican cuisine (including a milkshake) and everything was very good. Too bad we went to the Pelican the day before we returned home, because I'm sure we definitely would have returned.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank wilessiuc
Cleveland, Ohio
“So Good We Ordered 3 Entrees For 2 People, and Dessert.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our cab driver recommended The Pelican Restaurant and we were not disappointed. My friend and I could not decide among the delicious entrees so we ordered 3! They were all amazing - standouts were the shrimp and the oxtail. For dessert they have giant milkshakes which hit the spot after the spicy meal. A value for the quality and quantity.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank chebridget
Miami, Florida
“My Favourite Restaurant”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have nothing but fond memories of our time dining at the Pelican. On our first stop my wife had the oxtail and I had the curry shrimp meal with delicious mango chutney. (Pictures were added)

The food prices are comparable and is hands down of the best quality you will find in Montego Bay. In addition to that the ambiance and excellent service make your dining experience a memorable one. My wife and I enjoyed eating there many times and we agree that your trip to Jamaica would not be complete without stopping to get a taste of Jamaica from the Pelican Restaurant.

• Visited April 2013