“Skip it”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Skip it”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I usually love touristy places....food is always what you expect and I like the atmosphere. Wanted to check out the "Hip Strip" during the day so we came to Margaritaville. Service was poor....had to wait for drinks and we were the ONLY ones at the bar. Food was ok, got the quesadillas. Drinks were ok. Saw people using the water toys, which looked ok also. One thing I did love was the music. The DJ was playing some great songs!! We had someone bothering us from outside the door which was incredibly annoying. When we left he told us he was a bartender at our hotel (we had our all inclusive bracelets onso it wasn't like he couldn't tell where we were staying) and we knew he didn't work there. He asked us to buy weed or powder...we refused and he left us alone. Not sure how this place is at night...but we didn't feel this particular MV was in the safest of areas. Would not go back.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Kellie224

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
“As a restaurant: Average. For entertainment: Great!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

First of all let me say that if my wife and I ever go back to Montego Bay, we will definitely go back to Margaritaville and goof off. They have a three story water slide and multiple giant inflatable toys (huge castle slide, trampolines) and we had a blast. The drinks were great too as you would expect.

I ordered a burger and I didn't like it. I only ate about a third of it. The meat seemed cheap and had multiple textures. I'm not a picky eater either by the way.

Wife ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich which was delicious. I wish I would have ordered it after she let me try it.

It was overpriced as you would expect, but the entertainment value made up for it.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Scott D
Tennessee
“Don't sit close to the stage with kids”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We recently visited Margaritaville on the hip strip. The place was packed but luckily we got great seats on the dock over looking the bay. The food was ok, nothing to brag about. Luckily the kids couldn't see the stage. To say the least, the "activities" were not for the young. Also, the slide was broken, bummer for the kids.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank pineypaydirt
St. John's, Canada
“Pushy”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The staff here are vultures, on you as soon as you come in the building, especially if from a catamaran tour. The place has a weird feeling to it as well, not that friendly and there are drug dealers pushing smoke & powder on the restaurant floor, while kids are roaming around with their family using the water park. Maybe this is normal in Jamaican culture, I really don't know; but it detracted from my experience, I won't go back or into any of the chain locations. Jimmy Buffet you disappoint me.

United States
“First time and was very impressed !”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I just got back from my 2nd home , Jamaica, and while at the airport awaiting my departure flight, I decided to try lunch at Margaritaville. The prices are ok I supposed but considering your eating at the airport, just expect to pay at least $20 for your meal, and depending what you get this may or may not include a beverage lol. I tried the Coconut shrimp w/ mango chutney sauce and it came with a side of mashed potatoes and seasoned vegetables.The food was great to be honest and I would suggest everyone try it at least once. Happy Eating !

• Visited May 2013