“not so hip”

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
Ranked #10 of 131 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 21, 2011

just a night club very average. over rated and not very Jamaican.

There are newer reviews for Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We were recommend this restaurant by the Concierge at our hotel, and the restaurant provided round trip transportation as well.

The food was great. My wife and I love great food, and Marguerite's did not disappoint. I know some people feel that it is "expensive", but compared to fine-dining restaurants that we have visited in the past, it's comparable. About $12-$15 per appetizer, $32-$40 per main, and $8-$10 for dessert. Honestly, you don't go to a restaurant like this and not expect to spend less that $200, especially if you want a nice bottle of wine.

My wife and I each had an appetizer (Grilled Calamari and Beef Tartare), dinner (Champagne roasted Grouper and Drunken Lobster), and shared a dessert (Banana Cake). We also had a nice bottle Burgundy with our dinner, and coffee afterwords. All were excellent. $300 with tip. That's actually not bad for us. We've spent a lot more than that back home.

If you are a lover of great food, looking for a romantic setting right on the Caribbean Sea, and don't mind splurging a bit, this is the place for you.

1  Thank homeward_bound1
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I went with my clients.

I found the staff to be unnaturally stuffy/pompous - their quips were very rehearsed. They also try and force serve really expensive bottled water (Jamaican tap water is fine!).

However, the food was delicious. Probably not worth the very high price tag - but a very good meal.

We were also seated right by the ocean and enjoyed seeing the light show that the lightening created out at sea.

The reason i rated 'average' rather than 'very good' was that i think it was too too expensive and pretentious. The staff were a bit like robots... it's clear that they had just been really REALLY schooled with set phrases to say.

1  Thank Tashana L
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Food was just ok, I would never visit the resteraunt again,I'm not sure what I thought it would be like but it was so not my type of place even if it were the last place on the island.

1  Thank Sharron G
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had dinner here based on a recommendation from our hotel. We had a lovely table overlooking the water. Wonderful food, very reasonable price. What really moved me to write this was service - FIRST CLASS. The bottle of wine we ordered was not chilled, so they would not serve until they had properly cooled it. We advised "oh, it's OK" and they replied "no, we are a fine dining experience". But by no means was it 'stuffy'. Just very nice. And they will pick up and drop off from your hotel - you can't beat that service!

1  Thank 99chicago