“Most Romantic Restaurant in all of MoBay”

The Houseboat Grill
Ranked #5 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Jamaican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York, NY
“Most Romantic Restaurant in all of MoBay”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We simply loved this restaurant- The food was excellent (Pepper Shrimp, Lobster, Shrimp Pasta, Molten Cake). View of the city lights and the candlelit table makes for a wonderful dining experience. Staff was great and extremely attentive.

1 Thank seashell_pat

Matawan, New Jersey
“A must go!!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

If you are staying in Mo Bay I have to say you must go to this restaurant. Get out of your resort, stay away from the "hip strip", this is the place to have a wonderful dinner in an amazing setting. My wife and I were in Mo Bay for 2 nights, we ate at this restaurant both nights. We live in NJ and eat in Manhattan frequently, the food here is top top quality. The smoked Marlin dip, the al dente pasta, the chocolate souffle, it's all great. This is not a rice, peas and jerk something place, it's much more exquisite. The hotels want you to stay there, get out and enjoy the best restaurant in the area. I never say yes to being contacted by travelers about my experience but this place is so unique I said yes. Contact me if you would like more info.

2 Thank 12Gage21
New York, New York
“Magical Experience in a Unique Setting”
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We arrived with our family of six at 7:30 for dinner with what we thought was a reservation booked through the Ritz-Carlton concierge. Unfortunately, the restaurant did not have our reservation (Ritz dropped the ball); but they graciously were able to seat us at a lovely outside table on the top deck of this unique restaurant.

We ordered rum drinks (delicious!) and then our appetizers and entrees (Mahi mahi special and shrimp/lobster linguine). All six of us cleared our plates--large portions and every bite was great! Wonderful service--attentive but not intrusive, knowledgeable and friendly. Warm banana cake for dessert was awesome as well.

Definitely worth the trip--I would highly recommend it!

2 Thank JPS500
Brooklyn, New York
“pictures online didnt do it justice”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

this was a truly beautiful, romantic, restaurant. the staff was lovely, they arranged for our transporatation back and forth from the resort we were staying at; food was great as well, but the main reason to go is the beautiful houseboat. we sat upstairs and had a gorgeous view, but we also made sure to walk around and see all that was around us.

2 Thank design14
Nashville
“Spectacular”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My fiance and I went on our first date at the Houseboat Grill and I fell in love with this restaurant. The people were well mannered and the atmosphere was wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends.

3 Thank matheson_toni