Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,178 results
All reviews string beans entertainment team barbie girl super sonic jerk hut lobby bar hour bar jerk chicken garden view t rex flight path foam party every other day pool party an adults only resort close to the airport man made beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

staff lovely and work hard, had a really funtime, lovely room with sea view, food and cocktails lovely , enjoyed beach party too !!
Went the extra mile to take me and my son to the airport when tai sent a bus with not enough seats and although said they'd come back they never did!! Thanks Riu!

Date of stay: November 2019
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Reggae, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear L1204,

We greatly appreciate your five-star review.

We are very delighted to learn that you felt well taken care of during your stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Riu Reggae.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was one of my best experiences at a resort.

I never had an issue with any food, between the buffet and the other restaurant's were all great. My favourite was the one beside the lobby bar. However, Duchene in the buffet was great and took care of us. Late night food was okay if you were intoxicated, but the jerk chicken but at noon is absolutely amazing.

The room was good, had enough pillows, the maids did a great job. The only issue I had here was that it took my money being taken from my wallet to realize that the doors do not shut without force. I do not believe it was a maid, as I arrived at 10pm and my money was gone from my wallet (which stupidly was not in the safe) when I arrived back in my room around midnight

Nadine in the lobby bar is absolutely amazing. She makes you feel so special, and suggest drinks that she thinks you'll like. The staff were beyond friendly, they remember your name and try to suggest things to fit your likes. If you aren't into activities, they have no problem just chatting and making you feel welcome in that way. The bar tenders were all great, they'll make you anything without hesitation. As a bartender, I know how annoying making those blended drinks are and they do not even make it seem that way. The cocktail list is full and have great options!

The parties were so fun, Barbie Girl is the ultimate hype girl and she's great. The foam party was so fun and it was nice to have in the afternoon. Live music every couple of days was a great change up, and the performances at night were cool. Dancing isn't my thing, but they did change it up with a karaoke night and comedy night.

I also really appreciated the smoking section areas, as tobacco smoke drives me nutty. And it isn't bad to have a joint on the beach!

All in all, we had a great vacation and would definitely return!

1  Thank 422jennat

Dear 422jennat,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Your positive feedback is gratefully received! It brings us great joy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was our pleasure to serve you, and we hope to have you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited Riu Reggea and here are some points
Positive:
-small so you can get to your room and to amenities quick
-the staff were nice
Negatives
-the food in the buffet was ok
-the beach was not very nice

Overall I would give this place a 5/10

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank diamondo2020
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Reggae, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear diamondo2020,

We are happy to learn that overall you had a nice stay at our Hotel Riu Reggae! On one hand, we appreciate your kind words! On the other hand, we apologize for not reaching your expectations with our gastronomic offer and also that you did not like our beachside!

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future!

Greetings,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are leaving this fantastic hotel and country today after a wonderful 2 weeks holiday.

One of the best places we have stayed (we have stayed in a few!) and if we come back to Jamaica, we will be sure to come back to the RIU REGGAE.

It’s clean, people are friendly.

The only snag was the food.
Just not my thing and a little repetitive.
Otherwise, the staff were great.

1  Thank corkers75

Dear corkers75,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know about your stay. It is a great pleasure to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your time!!

Once again, thank you for your kind words! We will forward them with our team since your comments are greatly appreciated.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

FANTASTIC resort all the way through. The rooms have been updated to modern comfort. Breakfast, lunch and dinner never disappointed. The entertainment team and staff were welcoming and very friendly like a home away from home. We had the same waitress for dinner all through our vacation, Khadija who was INCREDIBLE!!

Would highly recommend for anyone’s who’s looking for a combination of relaxing and entertaining vacation. Would also suggest excursions like Dunn’s river climb and the illuminating lagoon!

YA MAN!

1  Thank KriziaVAL

Dear Krizia,

Thank you so much for the great five star review on TripAdvisor!

Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are very proud of the experience you had. Certainly, you comments will be shared with Khadija.

We truly enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again very soon.