“You pay for what you get.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
The Big Apple Hotel
Ranked #50 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
“You pay for what you get.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel back in August 2012 and had only one complaint which was not having an outlet in the restroom to do my hair. Other than that I was impressed and enjoyed my room and the view. My second stay around was a bit different and disappointing. My friend and I decided to room together this time around so we got a room w/two beds. The room was once again nice along with the view. However, we never had hot running water. You had to flush the toilet several times if you had to do the # 2. The inside of the shower was never cleaned throughly prior to staying in the room. And, the maid would only give us one wash cloth when we had two people staying in the room. When I went to the front desk to complain the next day they had someone attempt to fix the toilet and adjust the hot water pressure but that never worked. So by the third day we were offered another room if one came available but that obviously didn't happen. And when it came to not having enough wash cloths the lady who watches the front desk at night was an as% hole. She basically told me that in a room w/two beds on comes with one wash cloth and that if I want and extra one that I needed to take time out of my day on my vacation to wait for the maid to ask them for an extra wash cloth that common sense tells you that it only makes since to have two of everything in a room if it has two beds in it. But hey who am I to complain. Therefore, I had to take a pair of shorts that I happen to have and use it as my wash cloth which wasn't fun considering that I was on my period. My overall experience was bad the second time around. However, I always try to make a way out of no way. And, I should've checked out the room prior to purchase but it's a lesson learned. Would I stayed there again? Yes, because most of the staff there are pretty cool especially the security guard, Greg.

Kentucky Girl - Shanta

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank Kentucky2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto
Reviewed February 6, 2013

After having my phone stolen at a nearby hotel 2 days before I decided to take my chances with this hotel. It was immaculate. The furnite is cheesy, but the air conditioner works fine, and the room is clean. If u area wide person you will have trouble fitting into sections of the bathroom, a sit seems those areas were added long after the property was built. You get a very good view of the planes coming into land without the noise.

Room Tip: Have no idea what the other rooms look like but I stayed in number 19 and it was great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank TorontoJamaican
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Landed in MoBay checked into this hotel for the evening, it is close to the airport and centre of town. I left the room for 1 hour and someone entered the room went through my luggage and stole my watch. The front desk staff were very rude, the manager was not helpful. He suggested that it was my fault for not making sure my room was secure, even though I had locked the door. The safe was broken in the room, however after my watch was stolen and the police attended the manager told me the safe is not really broken, he just doesn't like to get woken up by people who can't get in the safe, so they tell everybody the safe is broken. When the police attended they found the balcony lock was broken and could easily be compromised. I do not recommend anybody stay here, I have since found out this is a common occurence and guests lose items regularly.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
13 Thank Ryan F

Travelers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My overall experience staying here was awful. I have traveled to JA several times, I'm usually there 6 mths out of the yr. A friend recommended I stay here. After a short tour, I decided to say for 10 days. The room had a great view, however the sheets on the double beds were stained, the bathroom floor was sticky & the shower needed to be scrubbed. I expressed my disappointment to the front desk & was told my room would be cleaned. Keep in mind, this was after I paid & checked into the room. The room was never cleaned! The trash can was never changed with a new bag. Any trash I had had to be placed outside the door in order for pick up. LASTLY I WAS ROBBED BY THE CASHIER THAT CHECKED ME IN! He wrote down my credit card number exp. date and the last 3 digits on the back. This cashier used my card to purchase windows, clothes, groceries, and liquior. I discovered I was robbed of $980.15 on my 5 day at this hotel. The owner would NOT cooperate with the police! Long story short, I paid for bad customer service, a nasty room, a robber's home improvement, & several days of working with the Mobay police. My bank reimbursed my funds, however the owner NEVER apologized for the robbery & STILL CHARGED ME FOR THE ROOM!

Room Tip: If you want terrible service but a room was a great view this is your place!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
10 Thank destra g
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My bf and I traveled from st Elizabeth, to enjoy a nice weeknd, Roaches attacked us in the room, running up and down on the floor, and also cornered me in the bathroom,which wasn't swept and had hair and dust on the floor, when I woke up, in the morning after a fierce battle with the cockroaches and I killed two, there was a 6inches 40 legged poisonous creature, crawling around on the floor, we packed and left immediately,

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Donjuise,
Indianapolis
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This place was recommended to me. Great location, loved the view. Short trip to entertainment and dining. Loved watching the planes come in. Very relaxing. close to airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MarieIndianapolis
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2012

i want to thank the staff of the big apple, for great service. the hotel was so beauiful and clean . the maid of the hotel did a outstanding job on keeping the room clean,. i came all the way from houston texas to vacation with my boyfreind.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple