“Excellent food - poor service”
Review of Sugar Mill

Sugar Mill
Ranked #9 of 129 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

They screwed up my dinner reservations on the first night, that I had made weeks in advance (and confirmed multiple times), and when I got to the Sugar Mill, they had to seat some of my party at one table, some at another, and some at yet another. I had to shag down a waiter twice to get him to take our order. Beyond the miserable service, the quality of the food save this rating to a "very good". Actually, the food itself was excellent!

1  Thank Bob_B_NewLenox_IL

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The Sugar Mill is a very nice restaurant located on the golf course at the Half Moon Resort. Excellent food (but pricey with the least expensive main course at $36) with good service and pleasant surroundings. Our best dining experience in the Montego Bay area.

1  Thank NVCBJ
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had dined here once before on my first trip to Jamaica in September 2007. It left such an impression on me then that I convinced my group of 19 that I was travelling with this time that it was a must-do. Everything about this restaurant is phenomenal. The wait staff is incredibly attentive and makes excellent food recommendations. The outdoor seating area at dusk is beautiful and serene. They have live music performers that play well, but in a manner such that they are adding to the ambience instead of being the center of attention (meaning you can still have conversation without having to raise your voice). The food is consistently excellent. They bring out an assortment of rolls with 3 different sauces to use as spreads instead of butter - I thought they were all great. The seafood bisque was divine. For my entree I ordered the blackened snapper, which was very good, but in sampling other people's choices, those that ordered the Solomon's Brochette (a skewer of assorted meats brought to your table and flamed at the table) made the best choice. The prices here are on the higher side, but well worth it. I highly recommend this place and hope I have the opportunity to return again someday.

1  Thank Shanangel
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I would say the food is good, not great. We had some nice apps and split the catch of the day but the fish was dry..so we were disappointed. The night befor we went to Margarites which had great food but a weird vibe.. The atmosphere at Sugar Mill was better and our asst waiter, Newton, was a hoot! He kept us entertained and so we had a great time..

1  Thank Happyislander3817
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Romantic Dinner, Great Food. Service was fabulous. Great wine selections. We were on an all-inclusive plan but wine selections were too good to pass up. I had the SeaBass and my husband had the Rib Eye both meals fabulous. Took dessert home as we were stuffed but could not pass it up ate it later and it was great.

1  Thank rueyturn