Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,518 results
All reviews foam party rooftop bar techno music xhale club rick james house music room service altitude bar bare buns secrets beach butler service jacuzzi on the balcony secrets properties party atmosphere fashion show beach access hip hop
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful resort located not too far from airport. Rooms are beautiful but a bit tricky with family members staying together. (the shower is see-thru glass). Pool and restaurants are well staffed and lots of fun as well. Very clean. Definitely participate in the beachside cooking class with Jon-Scott!

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BreathlessMB, Manager at Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kristin50,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us; we certainly do appreciate this very much.

It is great to note that you had a lovely stay and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for future vacations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I took a couples trip here in June2019, sexy and beautiful hotel. We were here for 6 days and what ruined it for us was that our A/C did not work the entire time. We reported the issue a few times, maintenance only came once and never updated us on a resolve, nor was there an offer to change our room. We had to keep the ceiling fan on the entire time or else we would be even more miserable. The other big part for us was the customer service at the hotel, was not good at all, all of the service workers had attitudes and seemed annoyed when you asked for assistance or questions. Which is surprising because if it wasnt for your guests paying thousands of dollars to stay in this hotel, there goes your job. The ONLY pleasant individuals were the hype team, they had great energy, positive vibes and were super nice. The food was good but my husband and I stayed at Hyatt Zilara the first time we came to Jamaica and their level of service blows Breathless out of the water.

Date of stay: June 2019

Dear Jamie C,

Thanks for your feedback about your stay in June. We truly regret that we did not live up to your expectations as we always aim to provide the best experience. I have noted your comments and have already shared details with our respective department heads so that the issues can be corrected.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet and even exceed your expectations in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Breathless is a breath taking resort...but there were some issues. Lets start with the good!! The resort was very modern, clean and beautiful! There was a birthday banner on the door and cake in the room on arrival!The views were to die for! Altitude, the rooftop bar/restaurant was gorgeous!! The food was great also. The staff was so friendly and accomadating! Tasha at Fishnets, the restaurant outside by the pool, was a doll!! She kept us laughing! I was always excited to see here! Speaking of poolside....ADRIAN, ADRIAN, ADRIAN!!! Adrian is the bartender at the bar poolside! He was the highlight of our trip! He was the life of the party, always smiling and fun, and always accommodating! And he makes THE BEST DRINKS EVER!! If you go to Breathless, make sure you look for him and ask for the Adrian Special! He took the time to remeber our names and what we like to drink! He is an awesome asset to the resort, and one of the reasons I may consider revisting! The lady that checked us in and the guy that brought our luggage up, was awesome and smiling.and calling us by name everytime we saw them, but I cannot remember their names for the life of me! The food was good, but very small portions.
Now to the bad! Everyday we were there, we showered in cold water!!! EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY!!! How??? How is a resort so moderate and cant keep hot water?!?! That was enough to make me not consider giving them my money again!! Then, the tablets for the room....at check in we didnt have one. We didnt get on until we had been there for 2 days. Then after that, everytime we took it off the charger, it would die instantly! So everytime we wanted to order room services, we had to call and listen to someone ramble off the menu! It was so aggravating. We asked to speak with a manager twice during the stay about our issues, and there never one available, nor did they ever call back....EVER!! Everything else was great and I had an awesome time...just not sure I would go back to that resort!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank CalisMom0916

Dear CalisMom0916,

Thanks for your feedback about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear the details of what you loved about your stay as well as the Team members who aided in your experience.

Your comments have been noted regarding the portions of the food, as well as the inconvenience with the hot water and room service. I have noted your comments and have already shared details with our respective department heads so that the issues can be corrected.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity exceed your expectations in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I have been to Jamaica several times but this was our first trip to Breathless.
The hotel setting is beautiful and the view from the rooftop pool and bar is worth the visit.
Staff were amazing, all very friendly and eager to assist us.
Rooms need to be checked to make sure everything is working before you arrive as there was multiple issues with HVAC, cold water, hair dryer, plug covers falling off the wall.
Turn down service, we recieved the first 4 nights then nothing.
The rooftop pool was never busy and it would gave been nice if the bartender walked over and asked if you wanted a drink.
Restaurants change theme during the week, so make sure if you want Indian food, go Monday.

Our butlers Leon and McKoy were great, very attentive and always ready to help you.
I am not coming home...ever...
Overall our vacation was great, but a little more attention to detail and communication between staff would help.

Dear lynnel49,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; we certainly do appreciate this very much.

It is great to note that you had a enjoyed the aesthetics of our resort and the views. I will be sure to pass your kind words to Leon and McKoy.

I have noted your comments in the areas in which we fell short and have notified the respective department heads so that the corrections can be made.

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

We stayed at the resort for 4 days and we had endless issues, the premium alcohol was only available at specific bars and they have limited amounts very misleading, secondly the alcohol is not whats in the bottle. The service was awful it took 1 hour to get food and they cut every corner on food availability like meat items they just say they don’t have it, how can you be out for 4 days. The rooms are nice but they don’t give you conditioner in the rooms and don’t provide you basic amenities even when you ask for them they are not available.

I could go on but STAY ELSE WHERE may options available in the area

5  Thank TONYIndianharbourbch
BreathlessMB, Manager at Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear TONYIndianharbourbch,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I would love to know more and would appreciate if you would send me an email at socialmedia.bremb@breathlessresorts. com so we can discuss your issues personally.