“Nice place”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I would come here again the food is good and the bar is to die for

1 Thank Meverly

Thunder Bay, Canada
“Enjoyed our trip but have nothing to compair it to”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Myself, my fiance, my sister, her boyfriend, and my mom and dad traveled to Runaway Bay Jamaica Christmas eve 2011 for a week.
I have never been anywhere therefore i have nothing to compair my trip too, but i had a great time.
Once we arrived at the airport in Montego Bay, it too us about 3 hours just to get to the Breezes lounge. I don't know if this was because it was Christmas time, but there were sooo many people it took forever. Our day started at noon and by the time we got to the resort it was 930pm. Long day, but the buffet dinner was still on so we were able to stuff our faces once we got there.
Once we found the Breezes lounge in the airport, we had to fill out some simple paper work regarding our stay, then wait for our bus. It was just a small van, able to fit about 15 people, but just took the 6 of us and our luggage. The drive was about a hour, and it was dark so we couldn't see any sights. It gets dark in Jamaica in the winter, about 530ish.
Check in at the resort was a breeze (no pun intended). The bell hop, Jamie (Jamie Fox he referred to himself as, which he did kinda look like him) checked our luggage and delivered it to our rooms.
The first few days at the resort weren't very busy, with people, or events. Somewhere around wednesday, there seemed to be more people, and the activities were fill up very fast. More water sports ie snorkeling, boat rides, and scuba need to be booked a day in advance and if you weren't there first thing in the morning when the water sport shop opened to book next day activities they would be full!
The food at the resort was..... ok. I didn't starve and i never went hungry, but i found i never really had a full meal, at the buffet that is. I would just have a mix of random different things on my plate. The buffet at breakfast was good though. You could have as much bacon as you wanted, and trust me, my fiance ate his fill of bacon for the next year. Renford aka Egg boy made us eggs everyone morning. He was awesome, he has been everywhere in the world... in his mind that is. Hes never been on a plane, but knew more Canadian cities then I do! There was also an omelet bar, and lots of fruit and toast etc. Lunch buffet was about the same. Everyday had something different to try, fish tacos, pasta bar etc. Same with dinner buffet, roast beef, bbq chicken etc. On Christmas, they did a pool side Gala Dinner. It was a little unorganized. I waited in line for about 30mins to have some turkey, but buffet was never like that. I didn't have to wait long at all for much, just the dinner pasta bar, it seems the night i decided to try it, everyone else had the same idea.
We ate at Starlight Grill one night. Its an Asian Fusion Grill. You pick your pasta and veggies, then sit back at your table, the waiter comes and takes your dish and asked for your choice of shrimp, chicken or beef, then the chef fries it up and delivers it to you. We also tried the Italian restaurant, Martinos. Its says guys need dress pants and shoes and a collared shirt, but my sisters bf didn't bring dress pants, when i called for our reservation i told them he had forgotten them at home, they made a note on our reservation, and it was no prob (he also showed up in flip flops too and no one said a word to him about it). All 6 of us ordered the steak dinner and it was Delicious!
The Reggae cafe was open from 11am-6pm and 11pm-3am everyday, and they served burgers and fries and jerk chicken sandwiches.
The beach was really nice, small, not a long walk from end to end, but we sat down by the chapel where security was, and it was great. In the morning, take a banana from the buffet, and bring it in the ocean with you and the fish will LOVE you. Made for great underwater pictures.
We did the Cool Runnings Dunn River Tour. It was a blast. We left at 1130am and were back before dinner. You go snorkeling, and a boat ride and do the falls. You can bring a bag with you, and the boat crew watches it while you are away from the boat. They get a good party going with music and dancing and drinks on your way back to the bus too.
The resort is always taking pictures of you during your stay. You just go to the photo room, by the front enterence and let them know what day and time your were photographed, they add the photos to your room number and your can buy some really nice pictures before you leave. My fiance and I did the sunset photos, they do it every night @ 515 and they take great pics.
Hope I didn't miss too much but we had a great time. I would go again, but get involved with more things, and do the shopping tours. FYI the items in the gift shop, even though well priced, are cheaper at the airport on your way home. Got a photo album for $20, it was $12 for the exact same one in the airport.
Hope your trip was as enjoyable as mine!!

Visited December 2011
4 Thank Sherri R
London, United Kingdom
“Week at Breezes”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Had booked another hotel but it was closed for renovation so we were moved to Breezes nice room very clean wonderful choice of Jamaican food Mr Campbell very helpful at the Reggae Cafe good entertainment excellent choice of drinks. Only downside for us both was the mossies actually in the room with the AC full on still biting but a very enjoyable week

3 Thank Keith L
Lindsay, Canada
“Good Time”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Jamaica is great anytime. I don't think Blue Mountain coffee or any coffee is worth $22.00 lb. which is what they tried to sell it for one day at our resort. I liked that this resort was adults only.

Visited October 2011