“Perfect Place To Stay in Kingston”
other travelers have booked this property
Welcome home... Please! C'mon in...
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Welcome home...
Please! C'mon in...
There's an 'Aunt Jemima' in everyone...
Aha moment...
Cozy as can be...
Another Aha moment...
Work or play, you choose...
A 'Queen' in waiting...
What are your thoughts...???
A 'Loo' to die for...
A Throne fit for a 'King' or 'Queen'...
Imagine a pool on the leafy grounds of an historic tropical urban oasis...wallah!
'Your HOME' away from home awaits YOU!!!
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 19 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Karen T
“Perfect Place To Stay in Kingston”
Reviewed March 26, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Choose To Be Happy is the perfect place to stay if and when you visit Kingston Jamaica. I recently stay there and we loved it. We stayed 6 days and it was great, no regrets @ all. This apartment is very clean, cozy, decorative and well equipped with everything that you need. Sheldon the owner is awesome and friendly and goes out of his way to accommodate his guests.The house and the refrigerator was stocked with snacks, juices, waters and wine and also all the other necessities that's needed. The apartment is centrally located to everything, which was great and convenient. If you need to know where to go and and places to eat.....Sheldon is your go to person. This is the perfect get away place, I liked it a lot, its also very very quiet. I will be staying there again when ever I return to Jamaica. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who is visiting Kingston. Thank you for everything Sheldon and also Ms Brown."Great Place"

Date of stay: February 2015
Rooms Location
Cleanliness Service
Apr 8, 2015
KT,
Thank you for your kind and wonderful words. It was a pleasure having you stay at "Choose To Be Happy!" Having guests as gracious as yourself, makes my job as a host feel less like work and more like entertaining family. All the very best to you and we look forward to seeing you whenever you're here next in Kingston.
Dave T
Toronto, Canada
“Luxury at an affordable price”
Reviewed March 19, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I was quite pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. It was very clean and modern. There were a few bonuses like the dvd movies and the satellite TV..
The owner was very polite and helpful. The pool was enjoyable.
Felt very safe in the gated community.
Location was ideal -close to the shopping area which even had a movie theatre.
Definitely would stay there again

Date of stay: March 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything- felt like being at home
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Mar 25, 2015
David,
It was a pleasure hosting you as a guest at Choose To Be Happy! We sincerely hope you will spread the word and the next time you're in Jamaica you will "choose to be happy" again with us and our accommodations. Thank you for the kind review and best of luck to you!
Cecil A
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Great place to stay and great host”
Reviewed February 27, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

The apartment was exactly as displayed in the picture. It was very clean, well laid out and obviously well maintained. Sheldon was absolutely the best you could ask for as a host. He was very accommodating and made every effort to make you feel comfortable. I would score him at 10 out of 10.

Date of stay: December 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanlinest of the apartment
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Feb 28, 2015
Cecil was an absolutely amazing guest. He was clean, very polite, co-operative & most understanding considering his family and friends would be visiting with him on a regular basis over the Christmas holidays. Christmas' is all about having your friends and family close by to celebrate and fellowship with those you cherish most. We sought to upgrade him to another property, Niagara, in our portfolio as an "even exchange" for CTBH. As we truly felt Cecil was deserving of this privilege. In closing, we would recommend him to any FlipKey host.
sandeep r
“Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed February 27, 2015 for a stay in November 2014

The host of this apartment was Sheldon and he was a pretty decent guy with good taste. He welcomed us into the apartment by the time we reached there and gave us a quick tour about the apartment. The apartment was in an upscale community and it was exactly as described in the listing. It was well equipped, internet was good, TV had all US channels. The apartment is only suitable for 2 people and definitely not more than that as mentioned in the listing. I would definitely recommend it to others who would visit Kingston.

Date of stay: November 2014
Traveling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Feb 28, 2015
It was an absolute pleasure having SANDEEP and his friend Praveen stay with us whilst they were in Kingston. Sandeep was an AWESOME house guest. Prior to his arrival and during the period he stayed at "CTBH"; he communicated exceptionally well with us. He's respectful, observant of house rules and an all-round good 'spirited' guy. I'd recommend him 100% as a house guest to any FlipKey host. We'd be happy to welcome him back anytime!
DAbr0wn
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great stay”
Reviewed February 24, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

I am happy I stayed here. The apartment was clean, comfortable and convenient. It was nicely decorated and contemporary. It was quiet and safe. There was a nice welcome package presented. Great place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2015
Mar 1, 2015
"It was a pleasure having DB as a guest at Choose To Be Happy. Thank you so much for your patronage. We hope to see you again whenever you're in Jamaica and wish you nothing but the absolute best."
Wedding_G...
Toronto
“Completely amazing home away from home!”
Reviewed February 8, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

As a travel agent and wedding planner, I travel quite a bit. I stay everywhere...whether its research for clients, being schmoozed by a property and for my own personal getaways. This apartment is by far one of my favourite places that I have every stayed in my travels around Jamaica. It really felt like I came home for a few days to my very own vacation home:). I didn't have any of the "get settled in transience" that I usually feel which generally takes me a day or two to get comfortable. I walked in and it immediately felt like home. The decor is warm and welcoming and the apartment is beautifully finished with real paintings, a state of the art, tv/steroe system with a fabulous surround sound that has speakers in the bathroom which makes for awesome long, hot showers!
Sheldon went over and beyond to add elements and items that you would need for the first few days and I found that so wonderfully thoughtful. I had fresh fruit, bottled water, tea and coffee with sweetener, species etc in case i wanted to cook and he even left me a bottle of red wine and my favourite Jamaican white rum and ting which is my cocktail of choice when I'm on island. He obviously listened and took notes when we talked before I booked :).
I am so pleased that I stayed here for a few days as it's certainly become my oasis. I will most definitely be back again and again. I feel like I have found my very own hidden paradise in Kingston. A space where I can be totally comfortable or entertain in style. I recommend this property wholeheartedly an my only concern is that pretty soon it will be an open secret!

Date of stay: January 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The overall decor and cleanliness and all the great amenities included. Customer care was phenomenal!
Liked least: What's not to like?!
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
Feb 10, 2015
Ophellia! Ophellia! Ophellia...This amazingly unassuming, meticulous, well-spoken and talented Canadian resident, originally hails from St. Elizabeth in the southern section of Jamaica.

Ophellia McKnight is a veteran world-traveler whom I met while dining out one Friday evening at my favourite local fish spot and bar, The Cove.

Ophellia has over 13 years’ experience organizing and planning awesome weddings and special events for her clients from varied backgrounds. As an event planner, Ophellia is a strategic planner with great attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and superb negotiating skills.

A client focused entrepreneur, Ophellia is a multi-tasker at heart when it comes to managing schedules for destination weddings and getaways in Jamaica and the Caribbean. She delivers all that and more with the aid of her full-service team of certified coordinators. Enough said!

In closing, Ophellia is Choose To Be Happy's only guest to date who so thoughtfully left a generous tip for Ms. Brown, our cleaning staff - thank you so much for such a kind gesture Ophellia!

CTBH is truly honoured to recommend Ophellia McKnight as a guest at any FlipKey/Tripadvisor vacation rental property.
Ebbes1976
“Truly Amazing!!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My time at CTBH was amazing! The place was exactly as pictured, clean, nice lay out and quite comfortable. The host Sheldon, couldn't have been more gracious. The location was ideal and the pool was an added touch. Will definitely stay again upon my next visit!!

Date of stay: December 2014
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Feb 4, 2015
WOW! Audrey vacationed with us for 7 nights and simply did not want to leave. This lady accomplished so much in so little time. In lots of ways she reminded me of the "younger ME" - vivacious, adventurous, friendly and most of all full of fun. "She loves life and everything about it!" I'm really looking forward to hosting & welcoming Audrey to CTBH anytime she returns to "The Rock".
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing