The Knutsford Court Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Indies Hotel(Kingston)
Liguanea Club(Kingston)
View Hotel
All reviewsmelting potfront deskcontinental breakfastsecure parkingclean roomsnice pooldevon housecomfortable staybusiness districta wonderful stayhome away from homerestaurant staffbusiness hotelemancipation parkexcellent customer servicebob marley museumkingston area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2006

I was vacationing at another hotel in the New Kingston area, and a friend of mine invited me have dinner at Knutsford Court.
I welcomed the invitation as I thought that this would be a great experience.

The first thing that struck me was that the place seemed desolate. However, I liked the property and thought that if this place impressed me, who knows, I may even stay there for my next vacation.
Though the food was good, the service was VERY SLOW. I felt like the waitress would not have cared if we walked out (maybe it would have made her life easier).
The dining room had 3 couples, and 2 wait staff, but it was clear that these people could not keep up. Just can't tend to two tables at a time.
At the end of the meal, we asked for the check, and I'm not sure if our waitress went to make the paper, or she had a problem with addition, but I know that we were waiting much longer than we should.
When she came, it took forever to complete the transaction and return the change. We had to get up and try to find her, which we did on the lower level (we were one flight up).

Needless to say, I didn't think that she deserved a tip, but my dining companion gave her a SMALL one, anyway.

There's absolutely no way I'd go back there, as the service was less than average, and there are a lot of restaurants in KIngston I think that is a major problem in the service industry in Jamaica. Most of the people who are dealing directly with the public are very unmotivated, and downright careless.
The people need to be properly trained, as this does make a difference.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
3  Thank NativeNYorker
Toronto
Reviewed May 21, 2006

I stayed at the knutsford court in Sept 2005 and I think it is one of the best places to stay in New kingston. I find the staff on every level to be very friendly helpful and courteous. My room was clean and comfortable. The cusine served up at the restaurant on the property excellent. I will be visiting Jamaica sometime this year and I definitely will be staying at the Knutsford Court again.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
miami
Reviewed May 11, 2006

As a regular traveler to Kingston I,ve spent the last three trips at The Knutsford Court, mostly motivated by the low rise, garden enviroment. I must admit that initually there was some room for improvement, the staff are always great. On my last visit in April, I was once again suprised to see the number of changes, the room that I stayed in was recently refurbished (new tiles), wireless internet in the (lobby only), high speed internet in rooms, a new gym. While the food is good, on busy night the service time can be slow. Compare to the large hotels the service is GREAT, friendly and accomodating, nothing is impossible. I won't be back for until next year, it will be interesting to see what's next. A spa would be nice.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 5, 2006

My experience with Knutford was quite different than the other reviewers. I was there attending a conference and found the staff to be slow and unhelpful. The food was fine although the service was not very good and breakfast buffet was lacking. My room was dark and in serious need of refurbishment. The bathroom was rather unsightly.

The gym was adequate but the water from the water cooler tasted poisonous.

The front desk was extremely unresponsive and bordered on rude. There was a sign in my room which said that 800 calls to the US were $3 per call. I made three calls and ended up with a bill of over $80. When I bought this to the attention of the front desk they tried to justify it by saying only certain 800 numbers were $3. The sign did not say that. I was told that the Duty manager would have to get back to me--that took 3 hours and several phone calls on my part inquiring as to why I hadn't heard from him. He was quite rude and after consulting with "higher ups" they finally adjusted the bill appropriately.

All and all my stay was one I could have done without.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank barl16
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed January 8, 2006

The staff is very pleasant and are always willing to bend over backwards,especially my friend Franklin at the front desk and the doorman Nathaniel. Even the person that works the gate was willing to help when needed. The hotel has a beautiful setting, the lobby is pleasing to the eye and the bar/pool/restaurant area has a very nice decor. The biggest problem is that they don't have elevators (hotel has 3 floors) and the beds in some of the rooms are very hard with flat pillows. The food at the restaurant comes in small portions, is expensive, and doesn't taste that great. There are great restaurants just a few walking minutes away (i recommend Cuddy's). The hallways are a bit narrow, also. I did, however, enjoy my 2 week stay there and would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2005