“Great place to stay....however!”

The Knutsford Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed January 8, 2006

The staff is very pleasant and are always willing to bend over backwards,especially my friend Franklin at the front desk and the doorman Nathaniel. Even the person that works the gate was willing to help when needed. The hotel has a beautiful setting, the lobby is pleasing to the eye and the bar/pool/restaurant area has a very nice decor. The biggest problem is that they don't have elevators (hotel has 3 floors) and the beds in some of the rooms are very hard with flat pillows. The food at the restaurant comes in small portions, is expensive, and doesn't taste that great. There are great restaurants just a few walking minutes away (i recommend Cuddy's). The hallways are a bit narrow, also. I did, however, enjoy my 2 week stay there and would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Trinidad & Tobago
Reviewed December 7, 2005

08 December 2005

My sister and I enjoyed this hotel very much. We felt very safe and very welcome. The staff we interacted with were very welcoming and efficient. We shall certainly be back in future, and will certainly recommend it to the islanders. Good luck.

Rosalie & Yvonne
Room1146

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philadelphia,PA
Reviewed November 19, 2005

I really enjoyed my stay at the Knutsford.Very clean with a friendly staff and a very nice bar and restaurant.It rained a lot when I was last there and they even have men with umbrellas at your service.Talkin bout sevice!
The hotel is within walkin distance of everything thats happening!I'd Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed August 9, 2005

My fiance and I stayed at the Knutsford Court last February for a 5 day stay while we were conducting business at the U.S. Embassy (it is nearby). It was clean, comfortable, nicely appointed and the staff was friendly and courteous. The continental breakfast was good, I did not take any other meals there as we preferred to eat at local Jamaican spots around town. We did have room service on evening and they were quick and efficient. The bar is a nice, mellow place to have drinks and chill. We spent many days at the pool, listening to music, swimming and catching some sun. They have a business center which I did not intend to use but wound up having to need the fax as well as the computer at midnight of all times, they kept it open for me. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a quiet, beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2004, traveled on business
8  Thank rastagalNJ
Reviewed August 9, 2005

The place was great, the gentleman that checked me in was VERY pleasant, however the supervisor lady was very hostile towards me during my stay. I asked to spend an additional night and I was told by Nicky (supervisor) that I can't because they had no additional rooms. After packing up my stuff, I decide to drop in ask if there were any rooms available, to my surprise I was told yes. I then proceed to ask why was I told that there were not rooms. The explanation was they do have rooms, however not in a King with non-smoking. The lady was full of attidtude and was not apologetic at all. We stood in line while she continued her personal conversation on the phone. Not very good customer service, especially from a SUPERVISOR. With the exception of that, it is a great place to stay, other staff members were great.

• Stayed: August 2005
9  Thank rcacok
Reviewed June 11, 2005

Stayed there last year for one week with my Mom as we were transitioning between Jamaica and another Caribbean island. The staff was extremely accommodating. Everywhere you went people were offering to do things for you - even the administrative staff offered to take my bags from the car before the bell man came.
Food was good, rooms clean, safe and secure. Excellent price as well.

• Stayed: June 2004
2  Thank cphillipps
SPRINGFIELD, MA
Reviewed June 7, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in a Jr. Suite; the room was big and bright. We had a microwave, sink and a refrigerator. We also had cable television and most important, hot water each time we showered.

The people at the front desk were very nice and pleasant. The food in the restaurant, The Melting Pot, was extremely good; they catered to both Jamaicans and Americans.

Whenever we go back to Kingston, we will definitely stay at this hotel.

Note: The web page does this hotel no justice; and it should be rated as a four star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2005