“OK-except Supervisor (Nicky's Attitude)”

The Knutsford Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“OK-except Supervisor (Nicky's Attitude)”
Reviewed August 9, 2005

The place was great, the gentleman that checked me in was VERY pleasant, however the supervisor lady was very hostile towards me during my stay. I asked to spend an additional night and I was told by Nicky (supervisor) that I can't because they had no additional rooms. After packing up my stuff, I decide to drop in ask if there were any rooms available, to my surprise I was told yes. I then proceed to ask why was I told that there were not rooms. The explanation was they do have rooms, however not in a King with non-smoking. The lady was full of attidtude and was not apologetic at all. We stood in line while she continued her personal conversation on the phone. Not very good customer service, especially from a SUPERVISOR. With the exception of that, it is a great place to stay, other staff members were great.

• Stayed August 2005
9 Thank rcacok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Slovak first
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed June 11, 2005

Stayed there last year for one week with my Mom as we were transitioning between Jamaica and another Caribbean island. The staff was extremely accommodating. Everywhere you went people were offering to do things for you - even the administrative staff offered to take my bags from the car before the bell man came.
Food was good, rooms clean, safe and secure. Excellent price as well.

• Stayed June 2004
2 Thank cphillipps
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 7, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in a Jr. Suite; the room was big and bright. We had a microwave, sink and a refrigerator. We also had cable television and most important, hot water each time we showered.

The people at the front desk were very nice and pleasant. The food in the restaurant, The Melting Pot, was extremely good; they catered to both Jamaicans and Americans.

Whenever we go back to Kingston, we will definitely stay at this hotel.

Note: The web page does this hotel no justice; and it should be rated as a four star hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2005

This hotel is pleasing to the eye, the food is pleasing to the pallet, but the service was less than average. We had a group staying in town for a volleyball tournament, and we could not get ice, our room service orders were always wrong (i.e. received salad but no salad dressing), changing money at the front desk was always a hassle. We felt like we never got what we asked for COMPLETELY.

But, if you do go and stay, and Dwayne is working the front desk (you're in good hands). He went out of his way to accomodate (getting ice for our injured player, etc.)

• Stayed March 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels