“Nice hotel but no elevators.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Knutsford Court Hotel

The Knutsford Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Atlanta, GA
“Nice hotel but no elevators.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with a group of 12 people for 1 night. The hotel is nice by Jamaican standards but be aware that there are no elevators. The water pressure was spotty and the free breakfast buffet did not offer much to choose from.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Slovak first
Mt . vernon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Ive actually been at this hotel a few times throughout the years and it wasn't that bad but it definitely seems as if they have no intention for improvement and the customer service is not at all up to standards. The rooms need alot of improving the bathroom is very distasteful every time I took a shower I kepy on my flip flops. I soon as I arrived to my room I did notify the front desk that I didn't like the room an requested to be changed to another room which yes they did within an hr. Surprisingly the room I was switched to was even worst. I was very specific about the problem n asked to stay in a few rooms which I had stayed in before but was simply ignored, so I did the next best thing checked out after two nights and checked in to a much nicer and comfortable hotel

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pjames0320

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

St. Kitts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

ALL levels of staff at this hotel except the maid service are in need of urgent customer service training! I usually stay at a nearby hotel but it suffered fire damage and is still closed for repairs. I chose this hotel based on price offering and online reviews.

This was certainly an absolutely bad experience and I shall now allow it to repeat itself.

Here's the list of cons:

1) Condition of Plant (facilities) - poor! The wooden moldings look rotten or so badly worn that they appear to be rotten. There is no extractor fan in the bathroom. The non-smoking room smells like smoke / barbecue. The bathroom shower and sink water pressure is terrible and in the middle of a shower the water just stops. You wait and wait and then switch the water off and turn in back on and then it resumes until that cycle repeats itself.

2) Customer Service at the restaurant - poor! I went to the bar at the restaurant in the evening and ordered two virgin pina coladas and then I sat down. The waitress brought the coladas and never returned to inquire as to whether there was any interest to have anything else. I got up and approached the bartender who was at the bar to ask for the bill and to pay. He walks away to the corner and sits down on a drink box crate and is clearly / visibly on his Blackberry. The waitress passes by behind the bar and doesn't even look to the customer. I then proceeded to walk out of the restaurant and that is when the waitress hollered out, "you ready?" That's not the worst of it. I get the bill and attempted to pay. She told me the price and I gave her US$20 and before she handed me my change, she then entertained another lady about a glass or something like that. I firmly said to her at that point, "lady, please finish my transaction first." She did so and I took all of my change as I refused to tip the usual 20% I usually tip.

3) Self-serve Laundry - good but laundry disappeared! So I took my own laundry to wash at the ground floor and inserted the US$5 token to get the washer going. After the wash cycle completed I transferred the clothes to the dryer and inserted the other US$5 token and left the clothes to dry. I returned about 90 minutes later and my clothes had disappeared. I left the washroom and bounced into a maid and told her my problem and she said, "I'm sure they are in a safe place" and that she would be right back. I waited about 5 to 7 minutes and another lady passed by and asked if all was well. I explained no and told her my problem and she too disappeared to find out. She re-emerged and said, "they are looking for them but I will check the front desk". Anyways, after another 5 to 7 minutes of waiting, a lady appeared with them, folded, and in a transparent plastic bag.

This place is not worthy of a dollar the conditions the way they are and especially as a result of the poor customer service. I will not return to it. Beware.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ditskn
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

A small travel agent group that I am a part of, toured this property and for the budget minded traveler, it is fabulous. e They have done a very, very nice remodel, the location is very convenient. The Chef prepared the most fabulous and authentic Jamaican breakfast for use....complete with an omelet station. These are some of the most hospitable people in all of Jamaica. The pricing for the hotel is very affordable and they are able to make it somewhat inclusive with meals. They do have a couple of restaurants and a nice pool area. If you chose to stay at this property, it promises to be kind to your budget and you will be safe, secure and very comfortable. I would absolutely trust the staff at this resort hands down. Would I spend my holiday time there as a Travel Professional.............ABSOLUTELY! Just do it!

Room Tip: We did not stay, but did tour the rooms and I will add a photo of the room and our lovely Chef.....h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Deborah P
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Average hotel in the middle of Kingston. Basic but clean room. Nice pool and courtyard. Secure compound. Staff are friendly enough and will go to lengths for their customers. Come without high hopes...

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was here for a few nights on business, and this place wasn't great. Adequate and sufficed but not great.

Room was fine, large, two double beds and everything worked. All was clean. Room was nice actually, sparsely decorated compared to a colleagues room a few doors along. Had a little kitchen, coffee maker etc.

The swimming pool and compound/gardens were fine for relaxing in and easy enough to get drinks served etc.

but the overall service lacked something. Couldn't get laundry done at weekend, couldn't charge bottle of water to my room at reception. Little things which made you feel you're staying in some self service lodge, rather than a hotel.

Breakfast was nothing special. Food from menu was fine.

I wouldn't be upset to stay here again, but would rather find somewhere nicer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank J H
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

When I found that I could not be in the Spanish Court for one night I was booked into the Knutsford Court. I looked it up on the internet and was excited at the prospect of the oasis like ambience and the newly redecorated rooms. I was disappointed with the reality when I arrived and made my way to my room past many doors in need of some upgrade or even just refinishing and painting.
The room was spacious and newly painted but the carpet was old and tired and where it was cut at the doors it was unfinished showing the threads as it was cut too short. The television was a very new flat screen but unfortunately was no better than a radio as I was able to get audio only on every channel. The dinning room / bar staff were pleasant and helpful and the food fair although the breakfast did give the feel of high volume activity at a three star hotel.
My morning started off badly as whilst the bathroom tiling and fixtures were fresh and appeared relatively new the upgrade had not extended to hot water and the shower could not even muster lukewarm water.
Wifi is provided and the staff did even provide a second password for an additional device. It was a shame that the signal was poor in the bar and in my room which was at the end of a corridor to the extent that I was unable to make a Skype call and for e-mail had to re-join regularly.
All the above apart the location was good.

Room Tip: There appears to be better wifi connectivity in rooms nearer the stairway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business