“Nice room - excellent management”

The Knutsford Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hotel was nice but service was not up to par. Because I left my phone charger in my room the afternoon I checked out. I called for two days to see if I could get the charger but the front desk kept telling me to call back to see if housekeeping would drop it off. I got back home thinking the worse regarding their effort. However, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a correspondence from Saran Hutchinson Senior Operations Manager at the hotel. She not only told me they had found the charger but had it shipped to me. With such excellent customer service I would undoubtedly stay at the Knutsford Court again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed just 2 nights... if you are in a business trip I recommend you to look for another hotel... the hotel looks old, the room smelled really bad... the Wi-Fi was a completely disaster... The bed was uncomfortable... the bathroom.. I don't even want to remember... I had the plan to stay one more day in Jamaica but I changed the flight because of the hotel... The first night I saw a cat walking around the pool and close to the kitchen... that is unacceptable... the second night I saw another cat around the pool and near to the kitchen again... I decided to leave. There is no elevator in the hotel... so if you stay in the 2 or the 3 floor you will better have a strong arms... the food was awful btw... the only cool thing is the bar... people is really kind.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jcmartinez777
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed 8 nights on a business trip - the rooms were good, excellent free wifi (just don't try to access it simultaneously from multiple devices, it balkes and you'll need to have a new password issued), no need for cables as some have reported on this site. The retsaurant was actually one of the best, comparde to the other hotels we ate in (certainly much better than Terra Nova's), and breakfast was also varied. One word of warning - if you plan to make frequent use of the pool, know that it is in a highly frequented area, has no shade and no atmosphere as such; I didn't feel like using it once in 8 days, which says a lot. But you can sit by the pool to have lunch & dinner, so that's nice. Service at Reception was so-so; clearly given instructions were lost because there was such a large number of constantly changing people, and I missed an important meeting for this reason. But all in all, good place to stay, and centrally located - you can walk to Devon House from there in less than 10min (if you can stand the heat).

Room Tip: Beds are placed either with a view out the window to the Blue Mountains (if on the 2nd floor), or wi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at the Knutsford Court and again it was amazing, extremely friendly staff clean room comfortable surroundings excellent food & service. If you are traveling to Kingston this is the Hotel to stay at. Very safe, excellent location, top service & hospitality. Thank You very much for a wonderful stay, Karen

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My family stayed at the Knutsford Court Hotel for 7 days and it felt like a home away from home we had a wonderful experience the staff was wonderful and friendly. My wife is very picky and read through several other reviews before choosing this hotel. It was clean, it had consistent hot water and the air conditioner was fantastic. Our room included the daily breakfast buffet. The first day the food was wonderful but after that the chef needed a few pointers on how to make the breakfast more interesting. We traveled with our 10 month old son and there was not a good variety of food. Durning the day we ate at the Hot Pot restaurant, the food was good but there still needs to be a little more variety in the menu choice you must be able to cater to you population that comes from abroad. The fish temper was good. The hotel really needs to try to work on there Internet connections. Other than that I would recommend this hotel for long term and short stays in Kingston. Loved the staff.

Room Tip: If u can't do stairs don't stay in the main building upstairs get a room downstairs if avail...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Meynardb
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our stay on the 8th May 2013, was extremely pleasant. We found the service we received and observed by the staff was outstanding, the entire team was very welcoming, with good acknowledging skills, adding a personal touch.
Overall presentation throughout this hotel was superb, clean, good size rooms, comfortable beds, the restaurant team were extremely friendly and served up some wonderful food, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
I would certainly have no hesitation to return and will certainly recommend to families, colleagues and friends. Great location close to New Kingston, shops or business breaks, yet very quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

When I first entered was a bit confused as to why the security was manually lifting the bars to let cars both in and out causing a traffic pile up. From the very outside the place does not look that appealing...Upon entering the court it looks beautiful..the staff is super friendly sometimes a little too friendly that may offend others( telling women they look good cross culturally may cross the line of professionalism). The room was a bit small but clean. There were no elevators and I was placed on the third floor and had heavy bags. Thankfully I roomed alone because the walls of the room is not concrete but partition which makes it easy to hear what is happening next door. The hotel is very close to shopping areas in new Kingston yet very quiet. Generally I enjoyed my stay and will recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2013