“a bad experience!!!”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Montego Bay, Saint James, Jamaica
“a bad experience!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Never come back!!! The AC in the rooms is terrible, and the sink smells, and no fridge in the room.
No elevators!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Elmertweet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Slovak first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2012

From booking online to checkout, my experience was great. The staff was helpful and courteous. The room was well kept and equipped with all that I needed. I wish that the guest rooms were equipped with wi-fi but the internet service was great and speedy nevertheless. I had an overall pleasant experience and it is my first choice when staying in New Kingston.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Gasparillo Village, Victoria, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The staff of this hotel was very courteous, they were very helpful, expecially Julien, the receptionist was able to negotiate for me a room at their sister hotel Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios although it seemed impossible.....being easter vacation. The Juta driver Mr. Young, who they also arranged for my stay for me, was very professional, courteous, dependable and reasonably priced. Their cleaning staff as well as they breakfast staff was also were also helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Port of Spain
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I had a check-in matter which was eventually resolved to my satisfaction but I has to speak to many middle managers before the matter was relosved. Other than that my stay at the hotel was very pleasant. The dinner room staff were quite accommodating, my party and I arrived 10 minutes before the end of dinner time and stayed 45 mins extra, all the while the staff were quite pleasant dispite being kept busy all the while.

Room Tip: Choose a room over looking the pool or court yard
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our room left a lot to be desired, mildew smell, no window in bedroom, only window was in bathroom which over-looked noisy air-con units. Insist on a room that overlooks garden, that will probably be a lot better. Staff were pretty rude and unhelpful. Hotel is upgraded from 1* to 2* because of the good (included) breakfast

Room Tip: Insist on a room that overlooks garden
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our trip to Jamaica in February 2012. We stayed just one night because we were touring the island on a whole and didn't stay in any hotel for more than one night. I was so glad that we bypassed all of the albeit more familiar named larger hotels for this medium sized quaint place.

The customer service was great from the time we reached the property at the front gate. The staff in the hotel itself were professional, courteous and friendly. Our room was nice. We had a view of the courtyard, a balcony, and the room was on the end of the corridor. That always helps to cut down on traffic noise.

My husband is an independent contractor so he always notices the construction and those kinds of details. Other than the door could have used some sealers to conserve energy and keep the hallway lights from shinning in the room so much, the room was great. Clean and comfortable.

I'm very a very picky consumer and I was pleased. Dinner at the Melting Pot Restaurant and Lounge was absolutely delicious. The drinks were equally delish. Other than a few inconsequential cosmetic things, I rate this place as excellent. I've been in much more expensive hotels, which reminds me, the price was a bit lower than let's say the Wyndham, but the service and overall stay was just as satisfying.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the far end of the corridor, facing the courtyard with a balcony. I don...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank erey01
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was only there for a short night but I thought the hotel was fine

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business