“Great Hotel in New Kingston”

The Knutsford Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed for a night. and thought it was great. The location is fabulous, and very convenient. Right in the center of the financial district, and there are lots of restaurants close by. The Bob Marley Museum and Devon House are close. Both within a long walk.
The hotel itself was great. The service was wonderful, and the staff was courteous and extremely helpful. The food at the restaurant was excellent and surprisingly reasonably priced. I like the bar too.
The rooms were nice and very comfortable. The only downside was the almost non-existent hot water pressure. But that was minor when considered with everything else.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 24, 2011

Nice and clean, this hotel is not 5 star and by all means not 5 star priced so please don't expect a lot for a little.We spend a week there and our room was cleaned and we receive fresh towels every day.The hot breakfast which was included was good and the staff was friendly,our server was Ventrice.The Grounds was nicely maintained and we felt secured while we were there ,we spent a lot of time by the pool.the location was convienent and there was lots of places to eat near by if you don't want to eat at the restaurant there. comparison to the other hotels close by for the price this hotel was perfect for the purpose we were there we would definately repeat.By the way the bell man Dennis he has the right attitude for the Job!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay. Both check in and out were speedy. The room was comfortable, however the carpet had a slight musky odor. The staff was pleasant and quite helpful. The surroundings were beautiful and well kept. I especially liked that I was in a central location and was able to move around quite easily from the hotel.
Overall, it was a great place to stay for the price and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2011

This hotel exceeded every expectation I had of a hotel. The staff was so friendly and helpful with any tips or concerns that I had. Room service was spectacular!!!!! It was a real pleasure to get up to such a balanced, nutritious and delicious breakfast. This was my first visit and I will be recommending it to all my friends. Thanks for making my vacation memorable!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Knutsford so much so that I had two reservations here for the month of February. With my first reservation there was a bit of a wait to check in, but for my second reservation I was able to check right into my room. For my first reservation I had a king room with a balcony that faced the courtyard which I LOVED. For my second reservation I had a king room facing the street on the side of the hotel. This room was not as upgraded as the first room I had. This room was connected to an adjoining room- and I could hear everything in the next room- which was a little annoying. Good thing the people in the next room werent too noisy. In any case, both rooms were clean, had internet access, and had cable television. I did partake in the complimentary continental breakfast but I only had tea and fruits- but what was available was tea, coffee, pastries, cereal, eggs, bacon, fruit, and toast. Most times I just ordered the ackee and saltfish from the regular menu- which was very good but it was not complimentary. I also had dinner and lunch at the restaurant on the premises- which were small in portions if you took it to go. As I learned the area outside of the hotel, I just started going to other establishments to eat. The housekeeping staff at the Knutsford were friendly and did a great job with cleaning the rooms. Denise from the front desk reception was awesome and thorough. There was another young lady at the front desk reception that was also very helpful, but I never caught her name. This hotel would benefit from having refrigerators and/microwaves in the room and would also benefit from having a link with a tour company- as the Juta drivers charge astronomical prices to go to various tourist places around town. Another thing that was quite pricey was the internet in the lobby if you needed to use it and have access to a printer. The fees for the computers in the lobby were $2USD for every 15minutes and 50 cents US for every printed page (which is CRAZY). The location of the hotel was great and the security was great- I would definitely go back to the Knutsford during my next stay in Kingston! ;-)

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2011

The hotel was very clean and nice, besides the ganja that you could smell in the hallways it was fine. The breakfast was nice. I'm going back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Abandon all hope...Dante's Inferno 1306.
Management and staff go to great lengths to make you feel unwanted. It is the little things that make a difference; the practiced ignoring of guests; the price of a bottle of water changes when you are not from Jamaica; and the diner (I cannot call it a restaurant) does not have the ingredients for exotic menu items like a hamburger. The walls are dirty, the front desk understaffed and there are odd noises emitting from every direction in and out of the room. Water flow is a joke, and the closet door is falling off its hinge. It is rare for me to feel unsafe in a hotel but this was accomplished by Knutsford. I would have left a zero rating were it permitted.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business