I've travelled extensively in Jamaica and I do not recommend Forres Park. The best thing about visiting the hotel is the manager (a lovely lady named Jasmine), who offers guests a warm welcome and responds quickly to their needs. She’s also a great cook. The staff members under her management are polite and helpful. The hotel has a rustic charm, but it is very overpriced. The rooms in the hotel and the cabins are cramped, furnished merely with the basics and the bathrooms need to be updated. The "deluxe" rooms are $200+ and do not offer the luxuries that one would expect for this price (we tried both room types). They even charge $50 a day for bike rentals. You can rent a car for a day at this rate. There is nowhere else to eat in the area, which forces guests to pay dearly for food. Our food bill for a four-day stay for two people totaled $400. It is impossible to reach the Blue Mountain Peak, which is an hour from the hotel, without a four-wheel vehicle and detailed knowledge of local roads. Hence, a hiking trip to the Blue Mountains, including a guide, will run you another $180. The park ranger charges international visitors another $20 for the hike. Mavis Bank, the town where Forres Park is located, has little of interest to offer, though we do recommend the tour of the local coffee factory. We found the local youths outside of the hotel to be hostile and unfriendly. Several men harassed my partner when he went for a jog one night. If you are searching for an affordable rustic place to stay in the Blue Mountains, the rooms at Mount Edge cost less than half as much as those at Forres Park, and it’s closer to Kingston. You can also stay at Whitfield Hall, which offers cheap basic hostel accommodations a few miles from the base of the trailhead for the Blue Mountain Peak. If you crave luxury, spend the extra $60 for a room at Strawberry Hill: one of the most highly rated hotels on the island. The owners of Forres Park would likely see an increase in their occupancy rates if they reduced their prices to match what other hotels of a similar quality charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Forres Park Resort 60 acre coffee plantation is the ideal base for exploring the Blue Mountains. There are several choices in accommodation. From exquisite suites with four poster king size beds with private baths and private balconies with mountain views, fridge and other amenities. In addition, we have standard rooms and cabins which are tastefully decorated with antique four poster beds of varying sizes.There is an out-door dining room, overlooking the swaying bamboos, banana trees and the many coffee plants bursting with beans,with dishes to suit your taste.We offer tours of the Blue Mountains including trips to the Peak. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Forres Park Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forres Park Resort And Spa
- Forres Park Hotel Kingston
- Forres Park Resort & Spa Jamaica/Kingston