“A Corner of Italy in Kingston”
Review of Caffe da Vinci - MOVED

Caffe da Vinci
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very good authentic Italian food with the ingredient you can find in Jamaica! Unfortunately in Jamaica is very difficult to find good meat or even basic good vegetable (like arugula salad). The mozzarella is home made and pretty good, the pasta was al dente and the sauce was pretty good. the fish was very good as it was the dessert

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had never been here before but all the dishes we ordered were average or below average except the lobster soup which had in real lobster.Everything I ordered was salty so I ended up drinking a lot of water. Don't think I will be going back for now.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The best aspect of that dining experience was the ambience; very tasteful decor. The waiter who served our table did not offer us a drink we had to request it. The servings were large but the taste was average

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I love italian food and have it in any country i stay but i'm sorry to say that Da Vinci Cafe as italian just the name. I ordered a beef tagliata which normally comes with arugula but instead They put iceberg salad! My husband asked for a carbonara spaghetti and received a plate of extremely greassy pasta with no taste at all! Our feeling was that the quality of the ingredients was very low.
We will never ever go back in this restaurant because they are taking the customers for people who cannot make the distinction between real italian food and the rest.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Good Italian. Nice lobster and the pasta amatricana is good.