“Worst Dining Experience In Over 30 Years”

Whitebones Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #145 of 195 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kingston, Jamaica
“Worst Dining Experience In Over 30 Years”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The seafood dish my wife and I ordered was cold once we received it after waiting over 2 hours for our meals. The seafood dish also made my wife gravelly Ill and it basically ruined our third trip to Jamaica. When we tried to speak to the owner and his wife who accompanied him to our table their response was extremely rude and they nonchalantly asked us to leave! Can you believe this? If this was my native England I could never imagine a restaurant owner acting this way! His wife was the complete instigator in this situation.

• Visited November 2013
9 Thank Nathan-Nokanda

“Small portions should at least carry huge island flavor”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This seafood joint sits at the corner of Mannings Hill Road and Constant Spring Road, which makes it a perfect spot. There's valet parking and palm trees flank the walkway into the retaurant. The food, however, is not authentic in Jamaican flavors...most of the dishes served taste like a response to foreigners' likings. An order of oysters was really an order of ant size delicacies. An order of brown-stewed fish was really an order of fish bathing in a dark sauce that was delicious but still not a brown-stew taste. Turn cornmeal, bammy and shrimp were all foreign in taste to all the locals who dined with me. Food was okay. Just not Jamaican.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Antoinette W
Kingston, Jamaica
“Interesting semi outdoor setting”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Food is average and menu is a bit limited.Dishes are a bit expensive and the service is slow so this is not good value for money.

2 Thank Beth S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seafood lovers”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I love, love, love love love love Whitebones Seafood Restaurant. One of my favorite place to dine, food is great, the atmosphere is very secluded relaxing.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Monique-Tai T
“Dry bones”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Worst place to eat! Expectation is false! Taste is mediocre! Price is expensive for nothing!
I went there with my friend and bought a salad and soup. Salad tasted like tap water and it was soggy! I got ripped off with fish toppings! This place is truly disappointing! I expected better...

• Visited April 2013