“Great place to go in Kingston on a Saturday”

JOJO's Jerk Pit and More
Ranked #19 of 201 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Jo Jo's Jerk pit and more is a local restaurant and bar that has the feel of a local pub. We are the home away from home for locals and visitors alike. We have won many BBQ Competitions adding accreditation to our name. We are well known for our Jerk, Southern style BBQ and local dishes, but our menu boasts many other international cuisines. There's always something going on a Jo Jo's.....On Wednesday's we have Video mix and seafood night, Karaoke Thursdays, Feel Good Fridays, Live music Saturdays.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Saturday's at Jo Jo's is lots of fun as they have live entertainment from 9:00pm - 11:pm with a band. You are able to sit outside under a tree and eat a variety of Jamaican food at reasonable prices. The patrons are very welcoming and ;make sure you are comfortable, and the waiters are friendly and helpful. I had the Jerk chicken meal with festivals, and it was very good. They also have a variety of jamaican juices which they make themselves.

There are newer reviews for JOJO's Jerk Pit and More

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This place is hard to find but if you find it you will have a great meal ... All the food looked great, I had red pea soup and curried goat which was fantastic!...real oasis in new kingston

Reviewed January 7, 2014

When you drive into Jo Jo's, the first thing you see is heavy equipment. Then as you round the corner, you can see the bar on the right. The dining "room" is open air, under a tree and there is a cool breeze. We had janga soup, jerk pork with bammy. Janga soup looks like a light pumpkin soup with cut up janga or river shrimp in it. The janga added a certain je ne sais pas to the soup, you should try it!
The service was good, our waitress told us what was ready, not ready. The ackee was not ready, it arrived while we were eating lunch. Jamaica Time!
I also enjoyed the jerk pork, they must have been using sweet wood on the BBQ. It had a nice after taste to it.
Other things you should know about Jo Jo's - as you are exiting there is a fish shop on the left hand side where you can buy fresh fish. It seems to turn into a rum bar at night. If you have plastic bottles to recycle, it is also a recycling depot.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

A good selection of Jamaican dishes, very reasonably priced. Clean atmosphere, owners are always there and very friendly and accommodating. Jerk is smoked properly, lovely flavor...not too hot.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

JoJo's used to be a hip place; their jerk lamb finger licking good. My visit today was a nightmare experience though. I have never eaten Fried chicken worse than I was served this afternoon. How anyone manages to prepare meat that is fried in oil to come out as dry as chalk is a mystery to me. The only explanation is that it was fried last week, frozen, thawed, microwaved and presented to me to eat. Also my wife and friends had nothing good to say about their culinary choices; jerk chicken: nasty; curry goat: suboptimal. On top of the terrible quality of the food that was presented while waiting to be served our meals we were exposed to smells that gave us the sensation of sitting in the middle of a garbage dump. Strangely enough this was the case whenever the big freezer in the backyard was opened. This is where they store their meat: go figure!! Needless to say as a former regular at this restaurant I ate there for the last time. My advise: STAY AWAY TOO!