“Neita's nest - home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Neita's Nest
Ranked #1 of 25 Kingston B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Neita's nest - home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

If you have never been to Jamaica or are a regular returner Neita's Nest is just very special.

The location just north of kingston is very convenient, the view over the mountains just stunning and great for the evening and early evening, the atmosphere relaxed and the food great.

I have used here several times and recommend to others and it's nothing but great reviews and reponses.

Really real five star fine and many many thanks to Michelle for the help and small pointers that make all the difference. Just great.

Room Tip: it's a small guest house and so very personalised...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Ed F., it does not surprise that our chance meeting was as a result of a referral from your own chance encounter. Your personable and engaging manner makes for wonderful company during your stays here at Neita's Nest. Always happy to have you, and thanks for being a great ambassador.
Michelle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jenison, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Neita's Nest provided a much-needed peace and quiet at the end of my long days in Kingston. Ms. Charmaine prepared 5-star quality breakfasts whenever I was ready to begin each day. Michelle Neita, the proprietor, is a great source of the rich history which Jamaica affords. Every drive to town or back increased my knowledge of the area, which I have visited many times in the past several years. My room and bathroom were always clean and tidy, and the carafe of cold water upon my return each evening was a blessing. My expectations were far exceeded, and I would definitely recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone! I will definitely be using Neita's Nest for future return trips!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Yippeex8
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Yippeex8, we are happy that we fit the bill for you. Yes, your days were long and filled, and that we could add some insights along the way. Interesting conversation and a wonderful game of scrabble was our gain too. Charmaine says thank you. Looking forward to hosting you again.
Cheers,
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We found the Michelle to be most accommodating. More than that, she was very personable. We were there on business, and had very little free time--but Michelle is a wonderful ambassador for Jamaica, and within the limited time we had she made certain we were able to have a mini-tour and the chance to experience real Jamaican food.

I can't comment on value, because our bill was paid by an outside source.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MichelleNeita, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Michael M. and Team,
How could we let you go home to Atlanta and not be able to say to your friends that you experienced something of Jamaica? That would be sacrilege! So, we tantalized your taste buds and teased you with just enough of our city to make you want to come again for a fuller experience. We hope we achieved that.
Anon.
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I fully enjoyed meeting Michelle and living at Neita's nest while I was editing a movie in Kingston. The combination of an interesting family atmosphere while sharing my fantastic breakfast with the other guests and the refined and delicate elegance of the way Michelle runs this charming bed and breakfast, makes Neita's Nest very special. And gives the traveler the feeling of penetrating Jamaican life instead of remaining an outsider.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear Suzanne F.,
We like to share with our guests the Jamaica that we love, and we are truly happy that you enjoyed Jamaican life as we know it. Congrats to you on the part you played in what turned out to be an excellent Jamaican film. We are honoured to have been a part of that production, if only by providing the well-needed rest at the end of your very full days editing. Thanks too for being such a gracious guest.
Allen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Neita's Nest is an excellent bargain for the low budget traveler. My two boys made several comments about "eating healthy," everyday and they always wanted seconds. They loved that authentic Jamaican cooking. God Bless the cook, Ms. Charmaine. This bed and breakfast is in a safe location with a panoramic view of the hillside near Stony Hill. The innkeeper, Michelle Neita caters to her guest and will arrange transportaion service to and from the airport and for sightseeing for a small fee. The one thing we forgot was bug repellant and you need al ot of it during the summer months but rubbing a little Listerine on ourselves was a good alterantive but we had a good experience overall. If you go to Kingston stop by Neita's Nest for a good meal, spa treatment or just enjoy the view and meet a new friend while you're there, Michelle Neita. It's good to have trusted connections when you go to Jamaica and I am happy to know Michelle.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MichelleNeita, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Sharon M. Allen,
We are delighted that yours was a good experience at Neita's Nest. Your detailed review on our good value for money, on our healthy Jamaica meals, our safe haven, added services to enhance the visit and our panoramic view, is a wonderful description for what we promise to all our guests. Your resourcefulness for repellent was superseded only by your positive response to everyday challenges. None-the-less, we do now keep repellent and citronella candles and oils for the asking.
Ms Charmaine thanks you for the blessings and we too are happy to know you and your family.
Cheers,
Town of Arima, Arima, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I had arranged pick up from the airport with the proprietress of Neita's nest(Michelle),she immediately gave me a mini tour of major sights and landmarks of Old Kingston...this especially made me 'settle in ' quickly.I really appreciated the service at the bed and breakfast.The home is very clean and had a very pleasant 'air'.I felt like I was part of a family.A secure and serene retreat in the hills of St.Andrews.I had a comfortable room,bathroom,and because I was in Jamaica to write exams,I was able to relax and do my last minute revision.Michelle also helped me to see some tourist locations,Devon house and Bob Marley's home.I would definitely recommend this B&B to individual or family visiting Kingston,Jamaica.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
MichelleNeita, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dapo O, we love to delight our guests and we find that giving value added service, despite one of the lowest bed and breakfast rates across Jamaica is always a surprise. So, whether it is wine with dinner, candlelight tea service, a mini tour of our favourite city on the way in from the Norman Manley International Airport or assisting you in personalizing your vacation, we just want you to know that we appreciate that you chose Jamaica, Kingston and of course, Neita's Nest.
Thank you for your kind remarks and we are happy that you were delighted.
Do come again.
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Nita's Nest provides excellent in house service, both the owner and her assistance were readily available (without being too intrusive)to meet the needs of my friends and I, be it a late night cup of tea or mouth watering early morning JA breakfast to accommodate our schedule. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that staying at Nita's B&B was like having your own private villa in the mountains of St. Andrews...with a little TLC attached. Your own clean private bathroom, and security system is a bonus. I had the middle room with a nice big comfortable bed that worked well for my husband and I. We started our 12 days vacation at Nita's, travelled all around JA for several days and happily decided to spend the last 4 days comfortably at Nita's nest. I will always remember the awesome feeling of sitting on the veranda, enjoying the beautiful mountains, watching the rain or sunrise and listening to the distant sounds of Island life....Sweet, Sweet Jamaica!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
MichelleNeita, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Dear Pickering,

My cherished memory of your visit was seeing you all cozily and comfortably snuggled in the candle-lit living room chatting and laughing over a late night pot of tea, while outside rain poured. I knew for sure then that you felt at home.

It was our pleasure having you all stay with us, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Mi casa, su casa!