“Just Marvellous”

Ranked #1 of 28 Kingston B&B and Inns
Collingwood, Canada
“Just Marvellous”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Nita's Nest provides excellent in house service, both the owner and her assistance were readily available (without being too intrusive)to meet the needs of my friends and I, be it a late night cup of tea or mouth watering early morning JA breakfast to accommodate our schedule. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that staying at Nita's B&B was like having your own private villa in the mountains of St. Andrews...with a little TLC attached. Your own clean private bathroom, and security system is a bonus. I had the middle room with a nice big comfortable bed that worked well for my husband and I. We started our 12 days vacation at Nita's, travelled all around JA for several days and happily decided to spend the last 4 days comfortably at Nita's nest. I will always remember the awesome feeling of sitting on the veranda, enjoying the beautiful mountains, watching the rain or sunrise and listening to the distant sounds of Island life....Sweet, Sweet Jamaica!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
MichelleNeita, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Dear Pickering,

My cherished memory of your visit was seeing you all cozily and comfortably snuggled in the candle-lit living room chatting and laughing over a late night pot of tea, while outside rain poured. I knew for sure then that you felt at home.

It was our pleasure having you all stay with us, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Mi casa, su casa!
Michelle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rousillac, Trinidad & Tobago
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were made to feel at home and pampered a bit by the motherly style of Charmaine the house keeper. We were guests whoose requests were late and therefore arrangements were impromptu notwithstanding Charmaine willingly adjusted and accomodated us with all our meals requests. What I particlarly enjoyed was having the sumptious breakfast on the patio in the cool morning (even though it was 8:30 am) scenic view up in the hills and looking down at the terrain below. The room was comfortable and the bathroom had all ammenities that a traveller needs.

Room Tip: All rooms were in the same vicinity
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Christopher F,
I am just now realizing that I had not replied to your lovely review. I just want to thank you for choosing to stay at Neita's Nest even though you knew that I would not have been there. Yes, yours was a last minute decision as you have said, but I was confident that all would be well at the "Nest", and Charmaine did not let us down. She expressed appreciation for your kind words.
Hope to host you again one day.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was a trip back home for my high school reunion. I needed a place to stay in Kingston that would still give me the feeling of a vacation as well.....Nieta's Nest is just that. Hidden in the hills with a breathless view to wake up to...I can still picture the lush green landscape of the city from the balcony where I had breakfast . A homely feeling of peace and comfort was provided. The personal touch each morning to breakfast OMG! I enjoyed so much and miss now! A little note left for you under the room door with information you may need if you are away or resting... Locks on doors for your peace of mind..a very secure atmoshpere... This is operated by a very intellectual Jamaican so you will get a very good feel for the culture and quality lifestyle.... I will be staying in Kingston more often now....Thank you Michelle & Team!

Room Tip: It is very close to the busy city and you won't be able to tell...no traffic noise..all rooms ar...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank paststudent
MichelleNeita, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
We look forward to having you stay with us again, paststudent. You were a most gracious guest..
Oakland, California
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We were referred to Nieta's Nest by a friend with whom we were traveling to Kingston.
We planned to stay two nights of our week long visit. My husband was so pleased with the beauty of the location, the great food prepared by Charmaine and the graciousness of Michelle the owner that we stayed at Nieta's Nest all week. We would definitely stay there again. If traveling to Kingston in May or October (rainy months) have some mosquito repellent.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Ethel1939, thank you for your leap of faith. We were blessed by your presence and were are touched by your kind and encouraging words. Keep celebrating life and love.
Port Hope, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I am recently back from Parish hopping in Jamaica. After stay at different hotels, I am definately convinced that staying at Neita's Nest B & B was my most enjoyable and relaxing accommodation during my trip.
Having breakfast on the front balcony over looking the hills is just amazing, this is easy living.........thus the saying Jamaica no problem.
Michelle the Owner is a beautiful and caring hostess and Charmaine prepares the delicous breakfast with lots of love. (The homemade banana bread was very delicious)
The herb garden was steps from the kitchen door . Imagine having fresh herbs year round at your finger tips.
Often times I wanted just to travel alone, however a bit scared, not anymore because I know Neita's Nest will cradle me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
MichelleNeita, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Dear onlythebest_10, Bethany, Canada.

Thank you for your kind review. Your eye for detail makes us all the more appreciative.
Northport, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2011

After being away from my homeland for over thirty years. My decision to return home with out contacts their, was daunting. fourtunate for me I found Neita's Bed & Breakfast. A very beautiful location in the hills of St Andrew. If you are looking for peace and quiet while enjoying nature and its wild life, you wil be happy. Ms, Neita is an intelligent and traveled lady, and has connections with important people in the Country. Also Ms Charmaine, her chef and who I consider to be her (cheif of Staff) even though she works alone is a great cook and a nice lady. Finally I recommend Neita's Nest as a good place to stay in Kingston.
Mr. Delroy Griffiths

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
neitasnest, Owner at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
We were happy that we could facilitate your homecoming and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Ms Charmaine thanks you too for your kind words. It was our pleasure.
Michelle Neita.
Grand Cayman
Reviewed May 13, 2011

My wife and I have travelled extensively all over the world, and we have stayed at amny a magnificent hotel. However, we have in recent years found it more to our liking to stay in small properties. So when we expressed our preferenc to friends in Jamaica, in light of our upcoming visit there, Neita's Rest was recommended as the kind of facility we might like. Admittedly, we had some reservations given the late arrival of our flight into Kingston and the fact we were by ourselves in a rented car. We however, experienced no difficulties at all.
The following morning, we awoke to breakfast set on a verandah in full view of majestic mountains. We chatted with the proprietor, Michelle and enjoyed the salubrious climate befor heading out. It seemed each day thereafter, was just like the last one. So impressed were we with our stay, that on a subsequent visit to Jamaica at the end of March, we again stayed at Neita's Rest.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
neitasnest, Manager at Neita's Nest, responded to this review, May 15, 2011
doyle46 et al, your repeat visit was taken as a quiet endorsement. Your kind words expressed here however, warm our hearts and are wonderfully encouraging.

Our sincere thanks.
Michelle Neita.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
The Spanish Court Hotel
#8 of 25 in Kingston
RafJam's Bed & Breakfast
RafJam's Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Irish Town

Been to Neita's Nest? Share your experiences!