“improvement needed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston
Medallion Hall Hotel
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed November 15, 2010

The place is in need of some improvement..although from what I've seen, they're working on it. The continental breakfast is rather small, the rooms feel musty and operating the tv is annoying as the remote controls aren't properly set up. There were some some spots in the bathroom and overall it isn't a good value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gone_aforeign

Reviewed November 12, 2010

This had to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They had conventions every night so it was always loud and busy. When we left and returned back to the hotel there was no parking spots. The walls were dirty with chipped paint. The furniture in the rooms was worn and old. The chairs and floor were dirty. I was in a room above the kitchen. The staff was so loud I could not hear my tv and they woke me up in the morning times with loud nosy and talking. The first night I did not have any air in my room in 80 degree weather. The second and third nights I had no water. They offered me a container of water to wash in. By the third night I was so mad and disappointed that I could do nothing but cry. If I ever go back to Jamaica I will not stay at the Medallion Hall Hotel. The only thing that I have to say good about the Medallion is the staff was polite. WARNING! DO NOT STAY AT THE MEDALLION!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank grivers36
Reviewed January 2, 2010

When I visit Kingston I generally stay at the Medallion on Hope Road.

The Medallion is a Victorian-era structure, located 'uptown' and an easy 5 minute walk to Bob Marley House. I have always gotten a clean, spare, utilitarian room adequate to my needs. This is NOT a 'service-intense' hotel, but if you are satisfied to have a safe and usable room and not expecting resort-level care, it's quite sufficient. Water is hot, the female staff is civil if a bit easy-going, and if you do not care to eat here there are several restaurants east on Hope Rd (as well as an upscale-Jamaican shopping mall)
nearby. A security guard is on-hand and tends to be helpful and friendly. Also, the cost per night is considerably less than you will spend at other (perhaps better-known)
hotels in Kingston. There are also some quite nice, friendly & safe bars in the neighborhood.

More than once, after a warm and demanding day in Jamaica's biggest urban space,
driving into the gates of the Medallion elicited a sigh of relaxation. Again, if you are expecting a resort, go elsewhere, but this place suits me fine when in Kingston.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Foreign-Man
Reviewed November 7, 2009

The place was just okay it is in a great location across the street from tgif. Which is a good place to hang out after dark. The staff was very pleasant. tending to all my needs. The water was hot when I showered. The food was good when I ate there.it cost me less than a dollar us to get to town by taxi. My boyfriend is a local he said the food was overpriced. def seen it when I went in to town. the room was cleaned daily and def after reading the reviews was very weary. buy overall a good experiences in walking distance to the Kings house. and bob marley museum. I would stay again. but would reccomend paying in there currency you will save everytime.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candice B
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Stinky rooms, no water in bathrooms at night, non-responding staff. The hotel is undergoing restoration, if you intend to stay here, be prepared for constant drilling and hammering noise throughout the day seven days a week.The manager Mr. Bailey is totally indifferent to guest's needs. The Food service is so hopeless that if you ask for tea, they bring coffee after 25 minutes. It is better and quicker to go to their kitchen and make whatever you want to eat. Please DO NOT call this a "Hotel". It is a disgrace to the Hotel industry.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank asiahm
Reviewed October 12, 2006

This is NOT an establishment that I can ever recommend anyone doing business with or would I ever give my custom again.

I had my wedding reception on September 30, 2006. The contract stated that we would have the hall at 10am for decorating yet at 3pm was still not available. Construction crew going in and out of the premises, most walls being painted or had "wet paint" signs. Cement and dirt dumped at entrance to reception hall, we had to go through an alternate entrance. Reception hall at 10am had a foul odour, white tiled floor was black, and workers had no sense or direction. No one had any idea of what was contracted for and where anything was to be placed. The contact person, Mrs. Bayley-Williams, who had guaranteed that she would be onsite for the reception was "missing in action". A (Ms. "B"), who eventually showed up as the "other person in charge" was grossly incompetent and clueless. She was more interested in selling "chair covers" than getting the hall ready for an elegant reception. She was inept at all stages and at the end either has a bad case of amnesia or has an issue with telling the truth. She would do well with a course in Customer Service as she lacks the concept of who and what a customer is.

We tried discussing these issues with the owner, Mr. Bromfield, a few days later and it was to no avail. No one at this place has the capacity to listen. They just deny, deny, deny. I am not sure how this place remains in business.

The honeymoon suite was the only saving grace for this place, but being awaken at 8 am to be told breakfast was being served was not appreciated

• Stayed: September 2006