“Ok Room with rude staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Four Seasons

Hotel Four Seasons
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Kingston, Jamaica
“Ok Room with rude staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend and was very disappointed, not with the room (which saved this review from getting a poor score) but with the staff who clearly needs training and food which constantly is bad.

I stayed in a standard room $125 usd for double occupancy. The room we got was ok I honestly had no complaints, we got a mini fridge and coffee machine in the room. It was very clean (good job house keeping). The roo. Was located upstairs from the restaurant and I had no sleep issue, it was quiet.

The property has a swimming pool which ive been here 3 times and its very clean. The pool side bar the bartender is busy watching tv and not attentive at all. Walking the property few staff members were friendly and smiling but some was just out right rude and had this unwelcoming look on their face. There was one girl in particular that served at the restuarant I am happy she did not serve me. She was serving the lady behind me and she had no smile and was very miserable. As she took the guest order she would mumble angrily beneath her breathe as if the lady was a bother. My server was Crystal, she was excellent, friendly and a sweet girl. Maybe you guys can make Crystal teach the other young lady some customer service. Also I got annoyed listening to these staff gossiping about each other, I don't work there yet I can tell about people life.

The other issue and might I add a big issue I had was the food. Please to get a new chef, the food is horrible and the presentation was horrible also both for my dinner and breakfast. I cant believe how expensive you guys are for such poor quality food.

Overall I would say you can sleep here but don't eat there. Alot of food places near the hotel take advantage of those.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank avagailb
Marcus T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Four Seasons, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Good day Ms Avagail B, we are indeed so sorry for the poor service that was metted out to you during your last stay with us and can reassure you that the training of all our staff in providing exceptional customer care is paramount to keeping all our guests happy and giving them the "the Tradition of Excellence!" service that we are known worldwide for. I will definitely give kudos to Crystal for a job well done. please feel free to contact me at 876-929-7655-7 est 2312 or 2388 and i will be more than happy to liase with you. Many kind regards, Marcus T.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Arrived 10 March for first visit to Jamaica. Having read some less than helpful reviews prior to booking, I was very pleased that I chose this hotel. Excellent food and service, all staff very friendly and helpful, advising me of places to visit in immediate area. Wonderful breakfasts. Nicely situated in own grounds with two pool bars. I was allocated a large airy room with large terrace shared with 3 or 4 other rooms - very nice. Only 10 minutes walk from Half Way Tree bus station, so ideally situated for travelling around. I will certainly stay here again next time I visit Kingston - no complaints whatsoever about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrew T
Dear Andrew T, we are very happy that you had a wonderful stay with us and are looking forward to seeing you again at Hotel Four Seasons. Many kind regards, Marcus T.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Love the staffs, but there are some that do some crazy stuff, like steal guest cloth, food and small items, stealing guest item is immediate dismissal, affair is immediate dismissal, the person who claim she is he nurse is the biggest liar, she is hiding all the dirt under her legs, the dark skin one the light skin both steal guest item and the nurse is hiding it, she make the hotel look like it belong to her, she need to go and wash the $3000 wig on her head and her name is Lundh,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Alicia B
Good Afternoon Ms Alicia B, we are indeed sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to make serious amends to your issues highlighted. The name, Lundh that you mentioned in your review is actually a Director of the Hotel and not the Nurse, who you alluded to and she is most eager to get in contact with you re your issues as she was not even at the hotel when you last stayed with us, she was on vacation abroad. In closing we apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us and please feel free to contact me at 1876-929-7655-7 ext 2312/2388 and I will connect you to Ms Lundh.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We vacationed in Kingston from Birmingham for two weeks for the first time and the food as well as the service is what stood out about this hotel. They have what is called a Jerk Thursday, OMG!!!! If you are ever in Kingston Jamaica make sure you go have some good jerk mon"

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TechHead Stephe... L
Tech Head Stephen thanks sooo much for the shout outs re Jerk Thursdays! It is a signature night here at Hotel Four Seasons and we welcome your patronage of same by spreading the word to all. Good food, Good vybz, Excellent Service always at Hotel Four Seasons.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was there with my BF in February, I really Njoyed my stay...Definitely would recommend,Nice Place..Rooms, Jaccuzi,Pool,Bar at Jacuzzi but the Breakfast was the worst ever!!! only had 3 things to choose from & the server/waitress need to learn common courtesy 101 ...everything else is fine......I love the place but the service sucks!!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank BuffieBuffas
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed here in September 2012. Upon entering the hotel, the walk from the front to the room is very beautiful.However, the room setting was very bleek. Definitely not! worth the price, I paid to stay there. Needless to say, I will not be returning here.The only thing I like is the location of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nique J

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Been flying Kingston for the last 20 years, never stayed here before. All others were too expensive or sold out, so I had no choice, and I was wrong, this is a very comfy hotel. People are friendly and service is good. Bkfst service is slow or they're still sleepy. Rates are good and internet is free and fast. If you're leaving in the early morning, will recommend to checkout the night before, nobody is in 'til 7am. Restaurants are very clean and good food is served. The restaurant in the interior, looks outdated but it's ok. location is excellent for business, will return w/o doubt.

Room Tip: this is my first time here, so not much info can be shared