“Great Place ( Feels like home )”

Altamont Court Hotel Kingston
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
“Great Place ( Feels like home )”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I was originally booked to stay at Wyndham Hotel, when we learned of the fire in Jamaica that forced us to rebook somewhere else. The staff at Wyndham recommend Altamont Court Hotel . My stay at Altamont was amazing . We stayed in room 115 during the week of April 14 thru 4/20 . The staff is very respectful and the place is clean. The staff was very friendly to my two girls . My breakfast and dinner was truly the highlight of my stay at this Hotel . Our daily breakfast consist of different Jamaican meal such as Ackee , Saltfish , boil dumplin , fry dumplin and yam or sweet potato . Yummmmy .
Dinner was also tasty- curried goat , oxtail and brown stew fish with rice and peas or white rice . Presentation is the best .
Hotel is within walking distance to Emancipation Park , Devon House , Scotchies Jerk, Tastee Patties and Hot Pot restaurant
We truly enjoyed staying here .
Big up to Sheree , Dwayne and rest of the staff @ Mango Tree Restaurant .
I can't wait to visit again .
My home away from home .

• Stayed April 2013
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I am very pleased to hear that we were able to cater to the needs of the family. We look forward to your next visit. (We will still have our best local foods on the menu).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Why here are a few of the reasons:
1. The room was basic with no coffee facilities , fridge or towels on arrival. The minimum in most hotels is coffee/ tea facilities.
2. Evening meal we found most items on the menu not available including the steak and some starters.The limited wine choice was virtually just several makes of poor quality.
3.Breakfast was the same with much of the menu not available leaving no choice. It was the local food that was absent. We walked out without eating.
4.The hot tub was cold and unrepaired.
5. We asked for a kettle to make a drink and it never arrived.
6. At the price you expect more.

In its favour most of the staff were helpful but not the reception and it is central in the City. I would have gone to another Hotel if I had not already been charged in advance.

Sorry they need to compete and work on value for money and quality. Would not go back here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rogerCaymanIslands
Though we do not market our rooms as having the facilities mentioned by the guest, as available in all rooms, we still offer them, based on availability, at no additional cost. The guest admitted to me during a meeting minutes prior to his departure, that he had checked in a bit early and that he did receive his towels after he checked into his room. (in his words, the guest checked in about 15 minutes before check-in time and the room was not completely prepared), However, rather than have the guest wait, the agents checked him in and had housekeeping deliver his towels a few minutes later). The complaints about the food service, though an aberration, are duly noted and have been attended to.
With regards to the hot tub, I hope that the guest will recognize that (particularly in a hotel which operates 24 hours/day ), things may break at inconvenient times. It is my humble view that it is the willingness of the staff and management , having been appraised of the situation, and their response, that should be the measure used to judge the service. The problems encountered by the guest were brought to my attention by the guest only a few minutes before the guest checked out. While I am very thankful for him having described to me what he saw as the service shortcomings, it was a little late for me to give him the assurance that they would immediately be attended to (as they should have been). I wish to again (as I did in my brief meeting with the guest) extend my personal invitation for him to visit with us on his next trip to tKingston (I believe June or July) and i hope that he will, as he said, give us another opportunity to impress him with our product and service.

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

my last visit to montego bay i stayed at altmont west. What a place to stay.rooms and staff are excellent. The hotel is located in close proximity to the airport and in addition within walking distance to beach,restaurant, night clubs.I recent times i have stayed there more than four occasions and certainly my next visit to that city i will return there.

Room Tip: request king size bed
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
This guest comment is referencing our sister property (Altamont West) in Montego Bay (the west end of our island). We are thankful for your patronage and hope you will continue to visit with us.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Myself and Carmelita Harris were on a pilgrimage trip to Jamaica commemorating the 5th Anniversary of death for Singer, Producer, and Reggae Radio Innovator - Michael "Mikey Dread" Campbell. In doing so we traveled from Montego Bay through to Kingston. Stayed at a couple hotels that were so so, so I was actually looking forward to getting to Kingston. We were initially supposed to stay at my favorite hotel the Wyndham Hotel. Unfortunately the hotel burned before we reached that part of the Island; resulting in us booking at the Altamont on the advice of another Reggae Artist who have stayed there before. EXCELLENT choice!!!!!!!!!! Sorry that the Wyndham caught fire, but happy :- ). Otherwise we would not have had the wonderful experience we had at the Altamont. From the wonderfully delightful staff, to the pitch perfect food at the restaurant to the wonderful taxi service Kevin Brown provided. The rooms were clean and lovely and the security was tops. Would I stay here again? You bet you. The rates were reasonable to and location is to die for, walking distance to not only shops and downtown, but Emancipation Park is JUST around the corner. A clean, cozy, safe and lovely experience in a Funtastac place. I miss it already, now I have another hotel to call my Fav in New Kingston, Altamont court Hotel, where a Queen can really be a Queen in a clean an safe environment. - Queen Mushiya Strickland - Reggae Solutions - Dallas, Texas - mojamaica@msn.com or mushiyas@gmail.com

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Queen Mushiya Strickland,
We are happy that we were able to make your stay with us as perfect as it appeared to have been.
We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Kingston.
Yellowknife, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Staff were very friendly, and seeing we were traveling with three kids, got us into a larger room for a mere $4 more. Smooth check in and a great suite that was really very stylish - loft on top and main area at the bottom. Slept very well - comfy beds, and despite being right in Kingston, remarkably quiet.

Fairly priced for what you receive, and although not a luxury 5 star hotel, a nice, well run little place to lay your head for the night in comfort.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suites on the third floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kldies
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us . We are glad to have made your stay satisfactory. We hope to see you again (soon).
Peekskill, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this "little secret" called Altamont Court Hotel in New Kingston for the past four (4) years and have enjoyed the service and hospitality immensely. Over the past 25 years we have stayed at all the major hotels in Kingston but they have a lot to "catch up" with this little jewel (Altamont Court hotel).

For all the comfort one seeks -AC, a good night sleep, breakfast, pool and a friendly staff, wi-fi access, etc., I am totally satisfied with this small hotel that offers what most of the big names promise but cannot deliver.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for your kind compliments. We are constantly working on improving our service and are happy that we were able to offer you the level of service we are accustomed to giving.
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were forced to stay at Altamont being the windham temporarily unavailable for a fire. Well, better staying within a fire than being owfully "welcomed" in a tiny and dirty room working as a reception. Staff unfriendly allover the hotel. Rooms clean but awaful. No fridge in it. Breakfast is poor and of a low quality. Prices were exceptionally high since they took advantage of the lack of rooms in the town. No way I'll ever cone back volutarily.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
The lobby area of our hotel is small. We acknowledge that fact and suppose its size could be interpreted as "tiny" (serving 58 guest rooms) when compared to the hotel from which this guest was transferred (serving over 300 rooms). We try to keep our lobby as clean as our guest rooms (as described by this guest) and hope that this guest will acknowledge that their view of our lobby as "dirty" must have been a moment in time as our maintenance team clean the lobby and other common areas every half hour.
We apologize for any unfriendliness of our staff and assure this guest that we will continue to carry out customer service training as needed.
I have not recently heard any adverse comments regarding our breakfast and would appreciate if this guest could e-mail us specifics regarding what was termed as "poor and of low quality" so that we can accurately address it/them..
I am not sure why the room was described as "clean but awful" , so I cannot properly address it.
The comment made by this guest, regarding us taking advantage of rooms shortages by increasing our rates, is not only untrue but very unfair, nefarious and unfounded. Any checks will show that our rates have remained as they have been for several months and no changes were made to take advantage of the misfortune or inconvenience being experienced by guests. In fact there were some guests who were given discounts on the actual night of the fire at the adjoining hotel.
We hope that you will reconsider your decision and give us another opportunity to impress you.