“Peace and Quiet...”

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Baltimore, Maryland
“Peace and Quiet...”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I recently visited Jamaica for a wedding and had the pleasure of staying at the Altamont Court Hotel while I was there. The wedding was being held in New Kingston. A friend of mine recommended Altamont because it was close to the wedding venue. When I arrived at Altamont, I was pleasantly greeted at the front desk with a warm smile. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very spacious and clean. I found the food to be exquisite and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The best part was waking up early each morning for a leisurely swim, which was then followed by a delicious pool-side breakfast of Ackee and Saltfish, What more could one ask for? :-) I had a wonderful experience at Altamont and look forward to visiting again. Thank you for being my oasis amidst the city hustle and bustle.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Altamont is glad we were able to have done it right for you and look forward to seeing you again...hopefully soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I originally had planned to stay at Spanish Court Hotel ,but due to my personal assistants blunder no such arrangement was made. I was very upset as my only though was to get a hot meal and a comfortably bed in Hotel that i was satisfied with from my many previous trips.A business associate recommended The Altamont and it was the best advice I had been given in recent times. The first thing that struck me was the very professional staff members who made me feel right at home. Secondly being British I had many friends from high School who had backgrounds originating from Jamaica ,and with that was my exposure to what i consider to be my favorite food. ,The CHEF must be complimented,I had Breakfast which was very good ,but the dinner was to die for! Curry chicken was my choice . I am returning to Jamaica in August and I have already made my reservations.I will be trying to make it to Montego Bay to sample there sister hotel Altamont West. Respect due my Jamaican Bredrens.

Room Tip: The top floors are much more spacious and a lot quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We thank you for having given us the opportunity to show that we can offer a similar quality of service, product and smiles as others and hope you come again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I held our wedding reception there 12 yrs ago and were very pleased with the serrvice at that time. We recently visited Jamaica again and of course we stayed at our old "home in the hub" and enjoyed a great time. The staff was warm as usual, welcoming and made us feel like "regulars". We ate at the "Mango Tree" restaurant a few times and enjoyed friendly service from the servers. Since we were last there they built a gym which was top notch. My hubby loved being able to work out in the mornings. We will definitely stay here again as we like the size of the property and the feeling of family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We are happy to have been able to convey that family "home in the hub" feel. We look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I normally stay at Altamont for pleasure and have experienced nothing short of a favourable stay. It is nice to return and be greeted with the statement, "Welcome Home!". They make me a "repeat" guest feel truly at "home". I like that the location is central yet allows you to be in a quieter area from the hustle and bustle of New Kingston. On a recent trip I was actually in town for business so was able to experience another aspect of what the hotel is able to offer. My meeting was to have taken place at another venue and I was waiting in the lobby at Altamont for my ride when I received a phone call from the host of the meeting that the venue was experiencing some service challenges and hence would have to cancel. The Front Desk agent at Altamont overheard my conversation and interjected before I hung up the phone to say that Altamont had available meeting space so we could be accommodated if we wanted to move the meeting. My colleague and I were so thankful to have a quick resolution. They had a Boardroom that was perfect for us and prepared all we needed in record speed. The waiter Jermaine was assigned to our meeting and he was professional and personable. So thanks to Altamont Staff for being there to save the day. I truly appreciate all you did for us!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I'm happy our attentive agent was able to assist ( with the rest of the team) in smoothing things out.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My stay at this beautiful hotel was more than I could have expected. The staff was warm and friendly, the place was airy, relaxful and well cept. The room was confortable and when I needed assistance with anything the staff was quick to comply to my needs... When I visit Jamaica again Altamont will be place to say for me. I have told a couple of my friends about this wonderful place and I was told by one who visited that they also enjoyed their stay...So Thanks to the staff and management of Altamont for a wonderful experience. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
We are happy to have been able to cause your stay to be so satisfactory and thank you for you for your kind words. I have passed on your sentiments to the team. We hope to see you soon.
Farmingdale, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a great stay, the staff was overly courteous and the food was exceptionally good. I've stayed at numerous high priced hotels in Kingston and have never met friendlier staff. The price is very affordable and being located in the heart of New Kingston, there is easy access to a lot of entertainment spots, theaters, restaurants and business facilities.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor has the newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was first introduced to this location back in 2006, by a co-worker of mine who told me about the affordable and quality service that he received. As such I had my wedding reception there the following year and all the guest truly enjoyed the meal and the ambiance. We were impressed with the customer service that was displayed and strongly recommend this hotel to every and anyone. Occasionally we swing by to grab lunch at the Mango Tree Restaurant or have a drink by the pool bar, most recent visit was last November 2012.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends