“Vacation”

Altamont Court Hotel Kingston
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My stay at this beautiful hotel was more than I could have expected. The staff was warm and friendly, the place was airy, relaxful and well cept. The room was confortable and when I needed assistance with anything the staff was quick to comply to my needs... When I visit Jamaica again Altamont will be place to say for me. I have told a couple of my friends about this wonderful place and I was told by one who visited that they also enjoyed their stay...So Thanks to the staff and management of Altamont for a wonderful experience. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

We are happy to have been able to cause your stay to be so satisfactory and thank you for you for your kind words. I have passed on your sentiments to the team. We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Altamont Court Hotel Kingston

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a great stay, the staff was overly courteous and the food was exceptionally good. I've stayed at numerous high priced hotels in Kingston and have never met friendlier staff. The price is very affordable and being located in the heart of New Kingston, there is easy access to a lot of entertainment spots, theaters, restaurants and business facilities.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor has the newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was first introduced to this location back in 2006, by a co-worker of mine who told me about the affordable and quality service that he received. As such I had my wedding reception there the following year and all the guest truly enjoyed the meal and the ambiance. We were impressed with the customer service that was displayed and strongly recommend this hotel to every and anyone. Occasionally we swing by to grab lunch at the Mango Tree Restaurant or have a drink by the pool bar, most recent visit was last November 2012.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for making it Altamont .....again

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I enjoyed my overnight stay in the Alexander Suite and was pleasantly surprised at how accommodating the dining room staff were as they prepared a special meal for me at breakfast. Overall it was clean, quiet, the food was good and for the location, an excellent value for the budget minded traveller. Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

We are happy to have served you and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I waited a while to write this review because I wanted to give the hotel time to redeem themselves. I made a reservation in July 2012 on the hotel website. In August I decided to stay in MoBay. I tried to cancel my reservation on the website, but there's no link that allows you to do that; so I called the hotel. The employee insisted that in order to cancel my reservation and get my refund back I had to do it on the site (even though I tried to explain the website doesn't allow that). She was very short with me and quite impatient. Nevertheless, I sent an email to the email address listed on my Pay Pal invoice. By October I still hadn't heard anything about the canceled reservation or the refund of my deposit. I sent another email and they said they would get back to me that day. It was now December and I still hadn't heard back from the hotel. Between the reservation person I was talking to and the manager, I wasn't receiving any help. The manager claimed that she explained everything to me already and she requested my credit card number. To this day I have yet to speak any manager!!! She clearly had me mixed up with someone else. By mid- December I sent my credit card number by email to the reservation person. The management staff went as far as sending me an email of a refund receipt. It is now the second week of January and ALL NOW the money can't reach back on my card. I'm so disappointed in this hotel, its management and staff. I never stayed there and I will never stay here. If you have a reservation and you have to cancel, just consider your deposit gone forever!

• Stayed: October 2012

We apologize for the excessive delay in completing this transaction. Throughout the time taken to process this transaction we were in intermittent dialogue with the customer. More recently however, the customer was again contacted and the matter was settled (ie. the refund was properly credited to the guest's credit card). The delay resulted as a consequence of a series of errors (banking related) that had the credit twice refunded to the wrong credit card account . (The human error occurred as the transactions were done manually since we nor the bank were in possession of the physical card). Unfortunately, the guest was made to feel unnecessarily anxious regarding what she thought of our intent. We gladly provide refunds once proved valid and have never had any intention not to do so in this or any other case ...as I think is clear from our deliberate attempts to follow up (by e-mails) on the success of each transaction. We again apologize for having created what appears to be an air of mistrust and lack of confidence in us and our operation.. We respectfully request that this guest give us another opportunity to show the type of service she expects and we like to deliver.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I asked to be moved out of room 106 and they didn't accept the request as if they didn't care at all that the internet didn't work at all and the cable signal was very bad. They said someone would come to check the problems and nothing happened.
I could tell the hotel is not full so other rooms are available.

• Stayed: November 2012
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

We apologize for the treatment meted out to this guest. At the time of his stay we were experiencing problems with both the internet and cable connections in some rooms. The situation was poorly handled as our agent did not respond by either offering a room change (as is usual in such circumstances where the problem cannot otherwise be quickly/easily solved to the guest's satisfaction) or by following through by making a report to the guest as to the progress of the repair required. As such, we have been doing retraining of our team members to reinforce the following of proper customer service procedures and guidelines. We are in the process of changing both out internet and cable service providers (to a superior service) and expect this exercise to be completed by early January (2013). We expect that these changes will cause our guests to be satisfied with our general service.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was travelling to Kingston for business when I stayed at the Altamont Court Hotel. This was my first trip to Jamaica, and the client had made all the travel arrangements including my flight, hotel, and taxi service.

When we arrived at the hotel, I noticed that it had an extremely small lobby. They had a small sitting area there so people could wait on taxis. The check in process was quick and the staff were friendly. There was a small area for buying snacks and other sundries, but it didn't have much of a selection.

There were no elavators at the hotel, and I had to take my bag up three flights of stairs to get to my room. The room itself had high ceilings and a four poster bed. It had a flat panel television mounted on the wall and a small round table beside the window. There was also a small refrigerator. The internet connection in the room was a little slow, but it worked enough for what I needed. The air conditioning in the room took a while to adjust the room temperature due to the high ceilings, but you could turn on the ceiling fans or open a window if the room got too stuffy.

The hotel had a restaurant, a bar, and a pool. The few times I visited the restaurant or the bar, they were mostly empty. I am not sure if this was because the hotel had a low occupancy during my trip or if people were choosing to eat and drink somewhere else.

I'm not really sure what was near the hotel as I did not venture out except to go to work in the morning and return to the hotel at night. It seemed that every business had gates for security, and this hotel was no exception. The gate ran the complete perimeter of the hotel and there was a security guard at the one entrance at all times.

Room Tip: If you don't mind carrying your bags up three flights of stairs, the top rooms have the best vie...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank weary_traveller25
chrisaction, General Manager at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2014

We thank you for your comments and observations. We are happy to report to you that since your stay the salient issues you raised concerns about have been addressed.
1) The internet speed had been improved. As well, we have added more antennae about the property for more consistent service.
2) The small lobby area you referred has been expanded and refurbished
3) Though we still have not yet installed an elevator, we now have a bellhop on duty available to assist in moving bags up and down the stairs.

We hope you come again soon so that you may be able to comment on our several improvements.