“Staff not attentive...”

Altamont Court Hotel Kingston
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This is my second stay here in Altimont hotel,my first stay the frontdesk promise me a small ref. in my room.It wasn't happened.This time I requested cutlery in room,again nobody delivered it.Awhile after I requested again to spray cause my room has plenty mosquitoes.Everybody just promising but never happened.I hoped the management read this.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Ariel O
chrisaction, Owner at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I have read your comments and appreciate the fact that there needed to be some retraining regarding our approach in the delivery of acceptable customer service standards. Since your stay however I am happy to report that we have made numerous changes, chief among them being a reinforcement of a new level of interest in customer satisfaction which means that in-house training has become more regular as we now have a trainer in house. We have likewise been more vigilant regarding the monitoring of our pest control needs. Keep in mind though that mosquitoes are migratory and in our tropical climate may be seen (and felt) a bit more frequently than elsewhere. we hope you give us a second chance and this time we will keep our promise.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed at the Altamont in March 2010 (not December) and was very satisfied. The staff was courteous and the daily complimentary breakfast was very delicious. The room was clean and everything was in working condition. This isnt a 5-star resort but it is affordable and worth the money compared to other more pricey hotels in the area. I didn't eat lunch or dinner here but if it was anything like the breakfast then you should be good. There is also a restaurant less than 50 feet away from the entrance. There weren't any activities at the hotel but they did hold a church service there on Sunday morning. Theres also one computer with internet access. The bathroom was VERY clean (which is important to me) and the room was tiled throughout. Hope I didn't ramble too much. Overall great hotel with very few amenities but worth the money.

Room Tip: Our room was toward the back of the property and was very quiet on the second floor. It didn't h...
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chiney_Traveler
chrisaction, General Manager at Altamont Court Hotel Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2014

Thank you for your patronage.we hope you come again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the court twice in a two year period ,and found the hotel to be suitable for solo ,family or business trip.The professional ,friendly and helpful staff was something to talk about from i checked in until i left.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wish to visit Kingston and Jamaica on a whole.

Room Tip: second floor was great each time
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Byron G

We thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Very friendly reception and cleaning staff , ideal location for what I needed and walking distance to night clubs and restaurants.
Approximately 30 minutes driving from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mdshaw

We thank you for your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

This is a great hotel very clean and by the way the mango daiquiri is very good.
Free internet, and free parking

I stayed In a room that had the bedrooms upstairs. Nice

The hotel does have 3 floors so If you don't like climbing stairs ask for the ground floor.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wdawson

We thank you for your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

This hotel is walking distance of New Kingston shopping Center.
Check in was fast and efficient. The lobby was slightly small, but comfortable.I made good use of the Mango Tree restaurant and room service. Prices for meals were affordable. The waiters that served me during my stay were very attentive and friendly. I had problems with WiFi access in my room as it kept dropping, and had a slight delay during checkout.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank BarnabyBen

We apologize for any inconvenience created and have noted your points. The issues you noted have been addressed so you should not have any future such related challenges.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

If you are into the knocking of pans, truck horns all night then here is perfect. For me NO!

Maybe its just the room #306

GRRRR!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank GWISDOM

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The noise being described would likely have come from the Pegasus parking lot, which the back of our property abuts. We have however since then, had discussions with them regarding noise control and that type disturbance has since been abated.
We have likewise installed, double exit doors to help contain the noise of pots and pans being shifted about.