I just spent 5 nights at the Liguanea Club (June 25-29) - I will readily admit it was a mistake and the best part of it all was leaving. First of all, no one tells you that they organize pool parties that run until 2:00 am, advertising $ 1000 ($ 12 USD) "all you can drink" with music so continuously loud that it makes the hotel floors vibrate and you cannot hear the TV. Breakfast and lunch are fairly cheap, but service is practically non-existent and smiles are nowhere to be seen; dinner is not available. The rooms are barely a cut above Salvation Army hostels, bare and scruffy; paper thin, you can easily hear your next door neighbours. Some plugs are 2-prong so you can't use your laptop; the free internet service is sporadic; the old TVs do receive quite a few channels though. Hot water is usually cold in the morning. However, it is a cheap and convenient location, especially if you have to do business in New Kingston. The nearby hotels are easily twice the cost. But as always you get what you pay for. Next time, though, I'll stay at the Wyndham or Courtleigh (nice restaurant). What else? The pool is nice, lots of tennis courts, no gift shop (some snacks at 'pro' shop that closes at 7:00), taxi to/from airport is $ 20 USD each way, hotel bar is decrepit, hotel is not very safe - doors do not lock well - no elevator, no help with bags, - the list of "nos" could go on forever. When Jamaica colleagues asked what hotel I was staying at and I said Liguanea Club, they looked down their noses at me. It is not a hotel in any normal sense of the word. So please, if you are travelling on business, do not believe the positive reviews about this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Liguanea Club is situated in the heart of New Kingston, Jamaica with eight tennis courts, six squash courts, a gym, swimming pool, thirty eight guest rooms, meeting rooms, events facilities, restaurant, bar and well-maintained grounds. Property is in walking distance from major shops, restaurants, businesses, entertainment etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Liguanea Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liguanea Club Hotel Kingston
- The Liguanea Hotel
- Liguanea Hotel Kingston
- Liguanea Club Jamaica/Kingston