All reviews alexander's restaurant front desk one bedroom suite emancipation park business trip pool bar yogurt business hotel restaurant staff main building pool side home away from home rooms are comfortable business district visiting kingston montego bay kingston area
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2017

I have been staying at the Courtleigh for a number of months and am in a position to judge the performance of the hotel and its staff over an extended period.
The first thing that jumps out is the attitude of the staff. They are very welcoming, friendly and keen to help as much as possible from the bellboy at the door to the people cleaning the room. Each person wants to get to know me and remembers my name and where I am from and what I like or do not like.
The rooms are bigger than expected with nice bathrooms.
The hotel has very good facilities in terms of free access to a meeting room, the wifi, the pool (is small but clean) and the pool side bar and outside dining area.
But the staff are its secret, all of them but particularly the front desk team who treat me like one of their own family.

If I do have a challenge for the hotel it is that the service in the hotel restaurant is just too slow. I know that this is a problem with almost every restaurant in Jamaica but that should not stop the Courtleigh trying to fix it. Nice menu but could do with updating more frequently.

Room tip: Look for a room with a balcony
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
OpsMGRKIN, Manager at The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Dear BSP1000:
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are delighted that you have chosen us as your home away from home. Our employees genuinely care about our customers and so you are able to feel that warmth especially after visiting us for a few months. We have noted the areas of improvement that you mentioned and will certainly work on them. We updated our menu at the beginning of this month and will be trying to do so again later this year. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

I had my wedding reception at the Courtleigh Hotel in the Somerset Suite and got both a day use room for getting ready and a complimentary night's stay for hubby and I. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and were very friendly. I made a ton of changes to my reception on the day before the wedding and my sales associate Samantha came through on all my requests. Working with her was amazing as she was always hospitable and efficient. We really enjoyed our suite. it was very spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was amazing! I will definitely be back soon!

Room tip: My room was 311 and 309. Both were very spacious and quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Creative 1:
Congratulations on your wedding, we are truly delighted that you chose our property for this very special occasion. I will certainly pass on your compliments to Samantha and the rest of the team who worked to ensure that your event was well executed. It was our pleasure serving you and we appreciate your taking the time to write a review. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to celebrating many more special events with you.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

I was in Kingston for a week on a work assignment. The local office made a reservation for me at the Courtleigh. Was not sure what to expect. Upon arrival, I was greeted by smiling staff and they quickly got me checked in and went to my wonderful room. It was very large and I had plenty of room. They had free wi-fi service that had fairly good speeds. The free breakfast buffet was nice. Had the basic breakfast foods and you could also order off a menu, if you wanted. Tasted very good. I took most of my evening meals at the pool bar. Great service and nice that the staff remembers your name. I would recommend this hotel if staying in Kingston.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
OpsMGRKIN, Manager at The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear Mike G:
Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you when next you visit Kingston.

Cecile Hyatt-Reynolds

Reviewed June 21, 2017

Very good food. Good location. Nice options for dinner and lunch are very near. Some rooms have kitchenettes and dining rooms which makes your stay more comfortable and it gives a sense of home. Complimentary breakfast has a great variety. Many nice activities and events tha allow guests to mingle.

Room tip: Quite floors, big and comfortable rooms and great food.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
OpsMGRKIN, Manager at The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2017

Dear Mechy C:
Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay especially our food . We are pleased to announce that we have added some new and exciting dishes to both our restaurant and pool bar menus which we are certain you will enjoy. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

The courtleigh hotel staff were the most helpful and friendly people I came across in my time in Kingston. Loved my stay there. Anything we needed done was done without question. The bar men, Shane and Patrick were good fun and reception were lovely. The pool is really nice but not very deep, however you have the option of using the pool in the hotel next door which is 4m deep.

Trip type: Traveled on business
OpsMGRKIN, Manager at The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Dear Liam I:
We are grateful that you took the time to write a review of our property. Our employees have a passion for customer service and this comes across in their interaction with guests. Thank you for your kind words, we will share them with the team, especially our bartenders whom you mentioned by name. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Kingston.

Kind regards