The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites
$143
$138
Strawberry Hill(Kingston)
$310
All reviewsalexander's restaurantone bedroom suitepool baremancipation parkyogurtbusiness hotelrestaurant staffbusiness tripcoffee makercomplimentary breakfastfront desk staffhome away from homepool siderooms are spacioussmall hotelkingston jamaicabusiness district
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Needed a place to stay in Kingston for a few days and decided to give the Courtleigh a shot. Pegasus was my first choice but they were completely booked due to the Jamaican/Australian cricket match and the reviews of the Hilton made me cringe. My only option was the Courtleigh. Unfortunately, their website did not give a detailed description of the rooms or their amenities. I had no idea of what to expect. My boyfriend and I were attending a family funeral in Spanish Town and we needed a place to stay so I nervously booked a 1-bedroom suite at the Courtleigh. We agreed that as long as we had clean sheets and an A/C that that would suffice despite the hefty price.

We arrived in Kingston 3hours before the hotel's check-in time and had mentally prepared ourselves to wait in the hotel's lobby for that long.

As we pulled up in the taxi, we were surprised at howbeautiful the hotel grounds were. The lobby was clean and the front desk staff were polite and efficient. Not the 'yeah mon' greetings from Negril or MoBay but very professional. Within 10mins of our arrival, we were in our room!

We were flabbergasted. The suite was LARGE with panoramic views of the Carribean sea, the mountains, Kingston as well as the hotel pool and grounds. The living room was spacious with a separate dining area for two. There was a kitchenette with a stovetop, fridge, coffeemaker, sink and plenty of cabinets (by the way, none of that was listed in the hotel's description of the room). The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was great! The four poster mahogany bed was very comfortable and there was a separate area in the bedroom that had a large desk. We took our laptop with us and received complimentary Wi-Fi!

The food at the Alexander's Restaurant was good. The wines were very pricey thru the hotel so we bought several bottles from the grocery store for a decent price. One night we ordered clam chowder, Curried Lobster and Steamed Jamaican Chicken thru room service. The final bill was $35 USD! You just can't beat that.

The pool was very small but there were lounge chairs around so we mostly sunbathed with an occasional dip in the pool. Despite the blazing sun, the pool area always breezy. The bartender was very nice and his drinks were always delicious.

Besides the pool size, my other complaint was that the hotel club (Mingles) closed very early. Fortunately, the famous Asylum club and Quad were both a 5minute walk from the hotel.

We did not think we would get our money's worth in Kingston, but the Courtleigh proved us wrong.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RNJane
Reviewed May 30, 2008

The Court leigh was Great. Check in was fast and our room was upgraded from a deluxe room to a 1 bedroom suite. The bellhop escorted us to the room and showed us around the hotel. He was very infromative and helped with any questions we had. The suite was huge!!! Living Room and bedroom, huge bathroom. Our stay was pleasant and we had no problems with the room. The Pool Bar restaurant has great food! Definitely try the jerk chicken pasta and the Magarita's!!! The from desk was very helpful and let me exchange money severeal times during our trip. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank nomey
Reviewed May 23, 2008

Stayed at The Courtleigh on May 15-19 2008 the staff is friendly especially in the restaurant and housekeeping. Check in was below average, we had an early flight we left FloridA at 7:a.m. or 6: a.m. Jamaica time. In fact, we got to the hotel by 9:15 a.m. We were checked in immediately, however, we had to wait for 21/2 hours since we were early, this we understand as standard procedure. However, we were not offered the continental breakfast and when we made inquires were told that until we received our rooms we are not a quest. Question, why take my credit card and have me sign only to inform me I am not a quest. Please clarify whoever in management that read this review. Mr. Lloyd who handle our luggage came to our rescue and save the day when he escorted us to the restaurant and spoke with the supervisor who gladly welcome us Thanks Lloyd "great customer service". Trudy it dosen't hurt to smile more. This was our fifth time staying at this hotel, our room us upgrade to the 8th floor with a georgous view. Thanks Trudy
Your sister hotel Sunset Beach Mo-Bay and Knutsford Court give better customer service especially Sunset. We will stay again since this was a one time experience, Great security.

Ivanhoe and Vivia

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank ozzievivia
Reviewed March 14, 2008

I stayed with a friend at the Courtleigh during the christmas season. This hotel is situated right in the heart of the business centre in New Kingston and between The Hilton and Pegasus. We stayed in a double room with a balcony that overlooked Kingston with the most amazing view. The room was cleaned daily however it was not large and contained traditional dark mahogany furniture.

There was a restaurant on the premises with a good selection. The deal I had included continental breakfast but if you wanted a cooked breakfast this could easily be catered for . We often had room service which was also prompt.
The hotel had a gym and business centre as well as laundry room with machines for use if required. The tokens would need to be purchased at the business centre. There was also a bar and small pool area with evening entertainment. The hotel was very close to bar clubs and restaurants all within easy walking distance.
The staff were all very friendly helpful and didnt mind guests coming up to the room which was also very nice. The only small point to make is that due to the position of the room and lack of sound proof you may become disturbed by the music coming from outside the building.

A lovely hotel I would stay again.........

• Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank Dianne8868
Reviewed January 22, 2008

I stayed at the courtleigh for a week over the christmas holidays and must say i really enjoyed my stay, I liked the fact that the hotel is smaller than the Hilton and Pegasus which gives it a more intimate feel. I will be returning to Jamaica soon and I will stay at the Courtliegh. The staff are courteous and friendly and I had a wonderful view of Emancipation Park. My friends stayed at the Hilton but I prefer the tranquility of the Courtleigh. The food was good, the pool is small but overall had a great experience.

Stayed: December 2007