“Touist landmark in Kingston”

The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed in the Pegasus during early July. This is a nice hotel. Huge reception area, good bar, cafe and decent areas to sit. Big restaurant, with a good breakfast. Only had the Sunday Brunch in the restaurant. It was very nice.The pool is a good size, plenty of loungers and seating. Also a good outside bar area. Pool towels supplied. The rooms were good. There is a major refurbishment of rooms ongoing, but didn't get affected by it. The room I had was 11th floor. Not refurbished yet, but it was big and clean and very comfortable. Loads of local functions going on at this hotel. Pretty busy, but not crowded.
I had a little issue with my room when I arrived. Told reception and in no time atall it was sorted. Could not have asked for a better resolution.
The best part of this hotel is definately the staff. Every single one we spoke to were helpful, pleasant and keen to assist. They were all really nice. Also the manager, Peter was an ever present. Always acknowledged us and was always directing hotel staff. If something needed done, it was done.
it is fair to say that Kingston is not place you would just wander around, but take sensible precautions, use recommended taxis and visit the various tourist sights. Directly across from the Pegasus is Emmanciation Park. Not huge, but well maintained and safe. Good to walk or jog.
I enjoted staying at this hotel. I would recommend this hotel and if in Kingston again, I would definately stay here again.
Well done Peter, but a special thanks to all of your staff. Biggest asset of the Pegasus.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank William095
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Your kind and gracious words are appreciated. The entire team is committed to making the Jamaica Pegasus the premier business hotel in the Caribbean and it is gratifying to hear that its efforts are earning such positive commentary.
Respectfully

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel has improved 100%. It has the feel of a 5 star hilton. i stayed here last year and it was under renovations. This year (July 2014) it is vastly improved. Several restaurants on of which is opened 24hrs, very good bar. The room were well appointed and although its not a Ritz, they have a Ritz Carleton staff and it had a luxurious feel to it. Digital climate control, huge 40 inch plasm tv that allowed me to connect my portable hard drive so I could watch my own movies were a big plus. The complimentary brekfast was incredible Jamaican cuisine. This will be my hotel of choice when I travel to Jamaica for business.

I also have to give a review of Gevani's Transport Inc.
I will never hire another car service while on the island. I travel for business to and from Jamaica several times per year. Gevani was recommended from the very pleasant concierge at Pegasus. Gevani had prompt pick up from the Kingston Pegasus, a great looking current model spotless automobile, courteous service with a smile and great conversation. There were event free iPads with free wifi so i could check my flight info and email. I was utterly impressed with the uniformed driver and his professional attitude. I suspect that this company is going to be the next huge premier car service in Jamaica. If any World Bank or IFC employees are reviewing this, do not trust your business or personal transport to any other service. Im looking for great things fro Gevani's Transport Inc.

Room Tip: Get a room on a club level. Enjoy private drink and breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

What wonderful words!
I have printed your review and have had it posted in all departments. I know the team will be delighted to learn that their efforts are being noticed.
Come back and visit soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed on the second floor which was recently renovated. The room was spacious and the decor was modern and stately. On the down side the bathroom shower was a disaster. This needs to go back to the 'drawing board'. The room came with a small coffee percolator, however I do not drink coffee so it would have been good if a hot pot was in the room. Staff in the restaurant downstairs was quite helpful in providing me with hot pot. Breakfast buffet the next morning was very good. Overall my stay was good and I would certainly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Your insightful comments are very helpful. We are working to remedy the shower issue as a few people have made similar remarks.
Delighted that you enjoyed the property in general and that you will recommend to others. That is the best form of advertising!
Looking forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed in a Club floor room at the Pegasus for four days in July, 2014 - and I found each day to be a pleasure. The hotel has great views of the mountains. The pool is spacious, and the poolside bar is pleasant. The buffet breakfast on our floor was very convenient, with great coffee and fresh fruit; downstairs, a complementary buffet served food that was fresh and well-prepared. The evening drinks hour is a great idea - by 6 pm, it's time for a Red Stripe, and it's nice to get to talk with your fellow guests; absent this kind of activity, one mostly moves through hotels in a solitary bubble. Mostly, though, the staff is great - friendly and prepared to help out whenever a hand is needed. I'd definitely stay at the Pegasus again.

Room Tip: We stayed on a club floor - I'd recommend it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Your gracious comments are indeed appreciated. The team at the Pegasus is dedicated to making your stay a memorable one and it is wonderful to learn that their efforts are being noticed.
Come back again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I was really torn about this review because certain aspects exceeded my expectations, while others let me down. On the positive side, everything is clean. The lobby is nice and open. Each of the restaurants I dined at were delicious. My room and bathroom were spacious & modern. There was a refrigerator and a comfortable bed. I had the royal club lounge available to me. Breakfast wasn't worth it, but the happy hour from 6-7 was! The service I received met my standards. The pool is nice and the gym is enough to get by (a couple treadmills, exercise bikes, an elliptical, dumbbells range from 5 - 50 lbs and there's an "all-in-one" combo machine - but it's pretty dated). Now, the major problems I had were that I had no hot water for 4 days and on one of the nights I was here, they had a pool party into the late hours that kept me awake with loud music when I had to be up early for work (and I was on the 16th floor!) overall, I would try out this hotel again hoping I got a room with hot water and I would make sure no pool parties were coming up.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. It is indeed a pity that there were a couple of issues that marred your stay for which I apologize. I will send you a note off-line to find out more about the water issue, because we did not have any major issue that we know of. It must have been isolated to your room, so I would appreciate your replying when you receive it so we can pinpoint the defect.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is not my first time staying here. My only complaint is that I did not have a view of the pool from my room and the pool closes too early. The buffet breakfast was very good I enjoyed it very much. I was allowed a late checkout for a small fee without charging me a whole nights rate since I had a midnight flight. It is right across from a park for those who like to jog and walk. The location is perfect and there are accessible forms of transportion for those who need it. Had a great stay at the Pegasus and will return.

Room Tip: get a pool view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fee319

Truly appreciated the 'loved it' headline. The entire team is dedicated to making our guest feel comfortable and at home, and it is gratifying to learn that we met your expectations.
Thank you for the positive review and please visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I cant believe all the negative reviews on here.The pegasus is my 2nd home and the pegasus family treat me like their family.The staff are extremely friendly.I must admit i have never done breakfast as i dont do mornings,HOWEVER the 24/7 cafe is amazing.The redbean soup is to die for,fresh baked toast with it too,yum.The desserts and icecreams are a real bonus to me.The staff all know me by name and im always given the same warm welcome when i return here time after time.My first room the aircon was broken however the wonderful LT had me moved straight away and the bellman was sent to my room straight away to help me with my bags even though i didnt need help.I was telephoned shortly after to make sure i was comfortable in my new room.The beds are extremely comfortable with mattress topper,the bathroom isnt the ritz,but i dont expect the ritz.Its clean and it does its job,who stays in the bathroom all day anyway?....I commend the staff here.They are wonderful to me.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank neilrastley
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Wonderful review and thank you.
Please keep coming back and we'll continue to go the extra mile for you.
Respectfully.