“Wonderful service”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Campinas, SP
“Wonderful service”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I've stayed twice at the Pegasus last year and in both times it was a very good stay. Staff is very professional and provides excellent service for everything one needs. They are very helpful.
WiFi worked generally well, but there were a few days with issues so I used wired connection.
Breakfast is amazing. So is the pool. Rooms and bed are comfortable.
Yes, the hotel needs renovation and they are doing it, but still I'd return here in the future even before it's completed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2014

After spending days touring the island of Jamaica, we decided to relax and spend the last few remaining days of our vacation at Pegasus--before heading back to New York.

Upon check-in, we were greeted by a not so friendly concierge. Her facial expression was not exactly inviting, but she loosened up after 20 minutes. It took us more than 30 minutes to check-in even though we had made reservations three days prior. We booked a total of three rooms. I booked one room with double beds for me and the two children, and my sisters each booked single rooms.
On our second night, family members came to see us, so we decided to relax with them by the pool area. The night was going well, One of my sisters bought a round of drinks for about $3,000 JA $ at the bar. The bar tender had two other patrons, it took her about 15 minutes to acknowledge that my sister was standing there. Although my sister had repeatedly ask for the bar menu, it was one of the two patrons that eventually passed her the bar menu. With family visiting, we didn't want anything to ruin our gathering so we brushed that aside and went back to our tables to enjoy our drinks. A few minutes later, I decided to go out to Scotches to grab some jerk chicken--leaving my sister and some of the family members behind.

I came back to find that my red stripe beer was missing, my sister was confused because she was sitting there the entire time and no one had ask her if the beer belonged to her. After going back and forth with the bar tender about the amount of red stripe left in my bottle, she decided to give me back my beer. However, to my astonishment, before she gave me the beer back, she opened it and poured out about a 1/4 of it in a glass. My sister and I went to report this to the night manager who advised us that he would have a discussion with the bar tender, which I hope he did, but have no way to prove that he actually did.

I think that was inappropriate behavior and definitely poor customer service. I will think twice before staying at Pegasus again and I will tell this story over and over again--until I am satisfied.

As for the rooms, the kids and I stayed on the 3rd floor and both sisters were given rooms on the 7th floor. My double room was very small and my sisters’ rooms were just standard, average--nothing special to report.

Room Tip: I can't say, I didn't read the reviews before booking--I guess it is best to ask for their n...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SARhule

Travelers are raving about these Kingston hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel is wonderful! I cannot say enough great things about this place. The staff is professional and soooo friendly!! The rooms are VERY clean and super comfortable! They are currently updating the hotel so many of the rooms are new. The food is also excellent. The pool is large and very relaxing and clean. We also ordered room service and they came in a timely fashion and were very nice. The hotel is in a great location in Kingston, very much centrally located. If you need a taxi, the hotel arranges for safe transportation which was very comforting. The lobby is really beautiful and the 24/7 cafe has great coffee drinks and paninnis. This is the best hotel to stay at in Kingston. We had such a great experience!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
US
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My son and I stayed in town to film and production chose this hotel for the cast and crew. It was clean, but I'm thinking we were on one of the older floors (can't remember which one) because the bathroom was pretty old (even a bit rusty and peeling in some parts). We had a view of the pool and a tiny balcony, though we couldn't open the glass door. Room cards got you onto the elevator, so that was a nice level of security. The beds were comfortable, but the cleaning people seemed to play with our alarm clock. Not really sure what they get out of that, but the time changed and then it was unplugged, etc. I want to say they even set the alarm.

The pool was lovely, though I wish they had later swim hours. It's the only tropical thing in the area, so we wanted to swim at night after a long day of filming! Oh! The pool is right in front of the restaurant, so you're kind of on display while swimming.

We ate most of our meals at the 24/7 Cafe (mostly because we were a bit intimidated going outside of the hotel). The paninni was excellent, but no sides come with it. The breakfast buffet was great as well.

Anyway...it was an ok experience and a lot of business people seemed to stay there, If I had to go to Kingston , I'd be comfortable staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer, renovated floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paige68
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on business in October and found it to be a hotel in need of some serious renovation and modernisation.

Reception: An average service, staff ok, some better than others. Checked in after about 10 minutes. Public areas of the hotel are tired. It appears that with no current competition in the Kingston area this hotel has not progressed with a programme of refurbishment (neighbouring Wyndam hotel closed by a fire in 2012). The only areas which appear to have been modernised recently are the lobby bar and a coffee shop in the lobby.

Room: Old furniture, grubby with poor air conditioning. The room was in need of a complete re-fit, carpet dirty. Only redeeming feature is a large flat screen TV with plenty of US channels
The was an iron and ironing board, but the iron was about 30 years old and did not have a steam option.

Bathroom: Very poor standard, dirty floor and toilet with unpleasant odour. Door would not close due to amount of coats of paint applied over the years. Towels thin and some thread bare with dirty marks.

Minibar: Nil. Tea and coffee available in room with a kettle

Internet: Free wired connection in the room. Free WIFI also available in the room and public areas of the hotel, but slow and frequently drops the connection.

Restaurants: I used the breakfast buffet, which was average with limited choice and luke warm. Staff appear to not really know what they are doing but you get used to the organised chaos.
Pool bar ok for food and drink. Lobby coffee shop very good with plenty of choices.

Staff: Typical to this region of the world

Transport: Best to pre-book private transport before you arrive as local taxis are generally unmetered and can be problematic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Speedbird_238_Heavy
Kingstown, St. Vincent
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying there. The staff is very friendly and make you feel at home. Rooms are clean with a lovely view of Kingston. the ood was also good and the conference facility was good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RosmondA
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your generous words. Our team is very proud of the 'new' Pegasus.
Please come back and visit us soon.
PH
Binbrook, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed over here after we were unexpectedly stuck in Jamaica overnight. The hotel staff were friendly, the room was not luxurious, but it was acceptable. Good breakfast in the morning and we were back on our way to the airport. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PilotFox
Thank you for your thoughts.
We are indeed renovating our rooms presently so your comments are shared.
Please visit us again soon.
PH