“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Hamilton, null, Bermuda
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

A great hotel in the heart of Kingston with exceptional staff.....very very friendly, extremely professional and accommodating. Ambassadors for their country and if I have the opportunity I WILL RETURN.

First impressions are lasting impressions from the moment you walk in the door.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank LGG_Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 2, 2014

As a natural born Jamaican who enjoys the finer things in life, this Hotel is by far, among the finest and best that I have stayed in on my many trips to Jamaica.

Service is superb. I had an issue with my room, on my recent stay there in jamaica and I was amazed at how quickly the appropriate staff descended on my room to have the problem swiftly addressed. This included a very handsome and pleasant night manager who promptly had my room changed and even brought me tea to my room for the minor inconvenience of having to change my room. This has never been done ever in my experience as a seasoned traveler. I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and many other exclusive high end hotels in Jamaica but I have never had this type or awsome service before.

My next trip to Kingston, I am first checking in to the spanish court and then visit any family I need to see but I am staying there no matter the cost. It is absolutely a superb place.

6 Thank karen r
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is VERY nice & modern. The minute you walk into the lobby, you are met with beauty & elegance. Staff is extremely friendly & professional. The breakfast buffet is outstanding & you also get free wifi with your stay. If i ever find myself back in Kingston, this hotel will definitely be 1st pick! :-)

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Rick N
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2014

After my wife and I experienced horrible services at the Grand Bahai Principi Hotel in Runaway Bay, our spirits and mood were revived when we checked in at the Spanish Court Hotel on June 16, 2014. We have stayed at many hotels and resorts over the years and have had good experiences, but this hotel has mastered the art of hospitality and luxury. We could not find anything to criticize - everything was spot on. The rooms were exceptionally comfortable - oh that bath tub! it was awesome. We were able to watch the World Cup matches in comfort and peace. Accessing the computer was easy as ABC. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff were exceptionally friendly and courteous. We spent 10 days in Jamaica and our vacation could be summed up in the 2 nights we stayed at the Spanish Court. Without a doubt this is a true 5 star hotel. We have already recommended this hotel to our family friends. Keep up the good work

Carl & Yvonne

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Carl R
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This property thoroughly reminds me of a very contemporary property that I recently stayed at in Barcelona. I loved everything about it. The colors of the room are very bold. Lots of RED. Red works for me because it is my favorite color. Recently at the property on a Travel Agent Familiarization trip and tour. It is absolutely lovely and very contemporary. I believe that the property is just a few years old. They have a small poolside bar that sits next to the amazing "above ground" infinity pool. It is made of very small blue tiles and is stunning to the eye. This property is great for business and leisure travelers. Again.....Loved it!

Room Tip: We did not dine or stay....we were merely touring their facilities. If I were to go to Kingston on...
2 Thank Deborah P
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Spanish Court is the best hotel in Kingston. The rooms are new, spacious and well decorated. The hotel is trendy and the restaurant is outstanding! The pool area is a bit small but very nice. The staff is pleasant and committed in providing a world class customer service. I strongly recommend this hotel, there is really nothing to complain about!

2 Thank Lala_DC
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Kingston has needed a business class hotel and The Spanish Court is the closest thing they have. This is a hotel that wants to please and the entire staff goes out of their way to be pleasant and not just lip service. They call it "real Service" I call it the way to run a business class hotel. I interacted with the front desk, restaurant, café, bar, housekeeping, and others. I encountered several of what looked to be management walking the halls in the morning and at night making sure all was ok, clean and giving the hotel the high end look and feel. For the most part - mission accomplished. Unfortunately there are a few construction corners that were cut and so the hotel will never reach the real high end they seem to desire.

Typical of Caribbean construction, tile in my room had no trim; edges don’t match or abruptly end. So you have pretty tile that looked unfinished. Rooms have high end fixtures, lamps and TV. It all looks pretty. A couple of small complaints are, the sink in my room had a “push to close” stopper and “push again” to open. Last thing I want to do is put my hand in a sink full of dirty water to unstop the sink, even if it is my dirt in the water. Same is true for the bath tub, which while I am at it, if you are NOT fleet of foot then you may have trouble with the high step that is required to get into and out of the soaking tub/shower combo. They obviously did not take into consideration an aging clientele or that we would prefer showers and not tubs. Finally, the water in my room never did get hot or cold for that matter. I could leave the hot on all the way and it would get very warm but not hot. All of these are minor issues but for a hotel that bills itself as “effortless luxury” these should be addressed.

Service is where this hotel excels. They call it “Real Service” and in a country where “soon come” means “I will get to you when I can” or maybe never, it is a real pleasure to stay were service means something. Every person I encountered was pleasant, attentive and fast (at least by Jamaican standards).

Food is good, but understandably, the chefs have adapted the menu for a more mild pallet (American). The "Pepper Pot" soup is mild at best, same with the Jerk items. Fish was fresh and delicious. Prices in the restaurant are a good value and portions are large. Beware there is no free refill on drinks. You will pay for each item. Breakfast is free and very good with cook to order omelets and a variety of other standard fare breakfast items. When I was there restaurant opened at 7:00 AM for breakfast and closed at 10:00 PM, room service is available 24 Hrs. A 6:00 AM breakfast start would be more conducive for business travelers.

Room Tip: Roof top bar on the second floor is a bit hard to find but worth the trip. Under the stars with a co...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Courtyard Kingston, Jamaica
Liguanea Club
Liguanea Club
#7 of 25 in Kingston
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!