“Best hotel in Kingston. Period.”

The Spanish Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Bogota, Colombia
“Best hotel in Kingston. Period.”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had the chance to stay in here for three weeks due to a business trip. I had to stay one week in another hotel because the travel agent could not find a room for the four straight weeks, and I have to say that at the end of that week I was really eager to get back to the Spanish Court. The rooms are new, clean and really cozy, the Wi-Fi and phone services are great, the restaurant is really good and, last but not least, the staff is really kind and they were always willing to help. For a second business trip (but shorter) they even helped us to find available rooms when the travel agent could not do it. I definitively recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Old Bethpage, New York, USA
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights while in Kingston. I've been all around the world and this hotel can compare to those, especially with price, location and value. Of importance I used them for pick-up and drop-off for the airport. VERY reasonably priced and I didn't need to deal with Kingston cabs. Plus, their cars are all E-Class Mercedes. That should tell you all you need to know. Plus, US Mens soccer team stayed here when they last played in Kingston. Must be good and safe...

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerald K
Ossining, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed for six nights and this was a great choice. Much more than we expected in regards to location and service, espically from the staff. Having to be in contact with work WiFi was an important factor for us. First night we had difficulty signing on, but help came to our room and within minutes we had service. Before leaving they also made sure we had service on our cells.

If Jamacian and away for a while, (we were) and looking for a great place to stay in Kingston, this is the place!

Room Tip: Room was located on the second floor looking out to the water tanks. No complaints did not have to...
San Fernando, Trinidad
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in Kingston and I am so glad we chose this place! Very contemporary- great facilities, amazing service, friendly staff.
Had some crazy experiences at other hotels in Jamaica on the same visit so this was a pleasant and welcome change!
It is also relatively close to all the major places we wanted to visit around Kingston (Devon House, UWI Mona, KFC lol)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel is well located within walking distance from the bus station (I walked there). Staff were excellent (as everybody rightly says). Room was modern, and nice although the lighting was annoyingly low. Internet was OK during my visit. I ate in the restaurant in the evening, (good food, but rather expensive), and I had breakfast which was quite basic for such a quality place. I also had a drink at the bar, recommended.
Overall, a very good hotel, glad I chose it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Timontheroad
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were greeted my the most amazing staff that made sure that we had everything we needed throughout the entire stay. The breakfast was good and the manager's cocktail hour was superb. The hotel decor is to die for and spa services are reasonably priced. Great, safe location. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. When i'm back in Kingston, I will stay here again.

1 Thank Raven B
Jedburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel has so much going for it: comfortable rooms, either new or recently refurbished; friendly and helpful staff; central location; good security; a great terrace bar with a horizon pool and a barman who knows how to make a rum punch with punch; a business centre with modern computers; free wi-fi; free bottled water supplied daily in all the rooms. BUT...
But what? What more could one wish for in a hotel that caters mainly for business people? Reliable wi-fi and a fast broadband connection, that's what! Alas, the Spanish Court had neither of these during my visit at the beginning of April and, as I was in Kingston to research a book, it fell short of my basic 21st Century need to get online at night and stay online. It's an easy thing to fix, even in Kingston, and I hope they make it a priority before my next visit (yes, I would most certainly go again).
Spanish Court could move another step closer to heaven, too, if they brightened up the menu in the restaurant and changed it on a daily basis. They should make more of the buffet breakfast, as well. Jamaica is the land of plenty when it comes to tropical fruit but I had to resort to buying papaya in the local supermarket to be certain of having a paw-paw at breakfast. But these shortcomings can be easily sorted. At least Spanish Court have got the big picture right. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a King-size bed in the new wing.
1 Thank Glenburnhall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Courtyard Kingston, Jamaica
Liguanea Club
Liguanea Club
#7 of 25 in Kingston
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!