“Great place!”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Great place!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in Kingston and I am so glad we chose this place! Very contemporary- great facilities, amazing service, friendly staff.
Had some crazy experiences at other hotels in Jamaica on the same visit so this was a pleasant and welcome change!
It is also relatively close to all the major places we wanted to visit around Kingston (Devon House, UWI Mona, KFC lol)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel is well located within walking distance from the bus station (I walked there). Staff were excellent (as everybody rightly says). Room was modern, and nice although the lighting was annoyingly low. Internet was OK during my visit. I ate in the restaurant in the evening, (good food, but rather expensive), and I had breakfast which was quite basic for such a quality place. I also had a drink at the bar, recommended.
Overall, a very good hotel, glad I chose it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Timontheroad
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were greeted my the most amazing staff that made sure that we had everything we needed throughout the entire stay. The breakfast was good and the manager's cocktail hour was superb. The hotel decor is to die for and spa services are reasonably priced. Great, safe location. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. When i'm back in Kingston, I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Raven B
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel has so much going for it: comfortable rooms, either new or recently refurbished; friendly and helpful staff; central location; good security; a great terrace bar with a horizon pool and a barman who knows how to make a rum punch with punch; a business centre with modern computers; free wi-fi; free bottled water supplied daily in all the rooms. BUT...
But what? What more could one wish for in a hotel that caters mainly for business people? Reliable wi-fi and a fast broadband connection, that's what! Alas, the Spanish Court had neither of these during my visit at the beginning of April and, as I was in Kingston to research a book, it fell short of my basic 21st Century need to get online at night and stay online. It's an easy thing to fix, even in Kingston, and I hope they make it a priority before my next visit (yes, I would most certainly go again).
Spanish Court could move another step closer to heaven, too, if they brightened up the menu in the restaurant and changed it on a daily basis. They should make more of the buffet breakfast, as well. Jamaica is the land of plenty when it comes to tropical fruit but I had to resort to buying papaya in the local supermarket to be certain of having a paw-paw at breakfast. But these shortcomings can be easily sorted. At least Spanish Court have got the big picture right. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a King-size bed in the new wing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher W
Oakland, California
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I loved the service, I enjoyed the breakfast, the pool was wonderful but a bit small. I had my little nieces with me and they enjoyed the luxury. When I need to stay at a hotel in Kingston, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Campinas, SP
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The rooms are big, comfortable and clean, the staff is helpful and always polite, breakfast is very good and there is a very beautiful pool with a nice view from Kingston.

Location is very good if you are in Kingston for business. But be sure to book with antecipation, as they were completely full when I tried to extend my stay for another week. Overall, definitely recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2014

On arrival at Spanish Court you get offered a drink- of champagne:-) This was a good start. There is a rooftop pool and bar- and the rum punches are fairly deadly. Be warned have one and stop:-) Though that will be tough. The rooms are exquisite and the service is great. It lacks something that some of the other places we stayed in had but it did have luxury and they did that really well. It is a lovely hotel and one I would stay at again. The meals are great with a lovely breakfast buffet every morning which is included in your room rate. The team who work there lovely and friendly. It is well situated if you would like to go to either the Bob Marley Museum or Emancipation Park (which is 4 minute walk from the hotel). There is a spa and a gym- neither of which we used but both of which looked amazing and had we had more time in Kingston we would have ventured into these areas. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are air-conditioned and dark once the curtains are pulled, so sleeping is easy. The r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikadave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Terra Nova All Suite Hotel
Jamaica Inn
Jamaica Inn
#2 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!